Is there any way to see how many people successfully get to the "subscribe" form? And ,ideally, their google analytics utm_ data?

Credentials-NOChange ForWebAccess's Avatar

Credentials-NOChange ForWebAccess

16 Oct, 2015 08:20 PM

I'm trying to improve our sales funnel.

The next step after they LEAVE our website is to submit them to :
http://webapp.morespeech.com/webapp/chg_forward.php?

And they see something like this:
https://morespeech.tinytake.com/sf/MzQyOTk2XzE5OTI3MDM

The loading typically takes 5 seconds and can take up to 10 seconds (or maybe longer on a slow connection).

I want to see how many people LEAVE our site but DO NOT ARRIVE.

Is there any way to do that?

1. 1 Posted by Drew Songer on 19 Oct, 2015 02:00 PM

You can use our API to pass through Google Analytics information upon sign up. It seems that you would be able to cross reference the number of people who leave via the link you provide with the number of conversions. To set up these marketing metrics you will want to take a look at two of our knowledge base articles.

1. What are Marketing Metrics? Why do I care? How do I get set up?
    2. Marketing Metrics Cookie Best Practices
  2. 2 Posted by Clay Nichols on 20 Oct, 2015 03:09 PM

So, to confirm:

We need to:

1. Save a copy of our Google tracking (utm_source, etc) to the browser's cookies
    2. Read our coookie info and transmit that to CG when we create the user

users fill out their basic info on our page in a form on an .aspx page and we send that to info to CheddarGetter

Is there a way to transmit that cookie info to CG with aspx, maybe in one of the fields we send to you?
    Or is there a way to do this with .js?

3. 3 Posted by Clay Nichols on 20 Oct, 2015 03:14 PM

BTW, where does the Source data come from in Lifetime Value by [ Campaign Source]?

https://morespeech.tinytake.com/sf/MzQ3MTMwXzIwMTI2NTI

4. 4 Posted by Drew Songer on 20 Oct, 2015 06:49 PM

Hi Clay,

To import the google analytics data when adding a new customer, you just need to run the static method on every request(PHP example here ). The 'newCustomer' method in the wrapper will automagically add the marketing metrics from the cookie.

With that said, I believe you want to know the difference between the number of people that go to the hosted page and the number of people that actually sign up. With that said you have two option.

1. Create a trackable event within google analytics that tracks the number of clicks that will take your clients to the hosted pages. Then simply compare that number to the number of signups. This assumes that clicking on the link will land them on the hosted page.
    2. If you want to know how many people actually land on the page, we will need to add some google analytics code to our hosted pages. I'm not sure that this is necessary for what you are trying to accomplish, but we can put together a quote if you like.

Now for Lifetime Value by [Campaign Source], the source is the equivalent of google adwords "utm_source". Keep in mind, adding these Google Analytics form fields is accomplished via the API "new Customer" method.

5. 5 Posted by Credentials-NOC... on 21 Oct, 2015 04:21 PM

Credentials-NOChange ForWebAccess's Avatar

1. Yep, that's my plan, But it's also possible we'll lose people between: Left our site > Entering Credit Card > Success. It's that last step I want to track

2. We are getting data on Campaign Source, so I assume we must be submitting it.

6. 6 Posted by Drew Songer on 22 Oct, 2015 07:09 PM

If a customer enters their card information, submits it, and there is a failure, you will receive an error.

7. Drew Songer closed this discussion on 21 Jan, 2016 06:34 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM