PDF Invoices

Cazoomi Admin

26 May, 2018 10:10 PM

Here is an EU subscriber of ours and many others are stating the same. Maybe a legal change with GDPR or something we are looking into now.

"Right now we only get e-mail invoices but we would need a PDF invoice. E-Mail invoices are not legally excepted because they can be modified.

Do you have any plans here?"

~Clint @cazoomi

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 30 May, 2018 08:04 PM

Hey Clint,

Yes, adding a pdf option for payment receipt emails is something that's on our roadmap. There are a couple of other large-scale projects currently in front of that particular feature request, so it's possible that it could take awhile for us to get to this. I've added your vote for this feature to our internal tracking system and I'll let you know when we have a timeline for release.

In the meantime, you might be able to use Cheddar's Zapier integration to send information to a service that could generate a PDF invoice for any customers who need one (more info on Cheddar webhooks and how they work with Zapier here). Specifically, when the transaction webhook fires, you could send along that info to an accounting platform that could generate the PDF for you.

I found this list of accounting platforms integrated with Zapier where you might be able to find a viable option. You'll just want to make sure they can generate a PDF invoice for you when Zapier sends along the transaction details from Cheddar. If you end up pursuing this solution, let me know how it works!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Clint on 10 Jun, 2018 05:29 AM

Thanks Meghan for the reply and I’ll let our folks know.

3. 3 Posted by Jan Korecky on 27 Nov, 2018 05:18 PM

Voting for PDF invoices. That is a major consideration for us.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Meghan Turner on 27 Nov, 2018 07:06 PM

Noted! I'll make sure your vote is added to our future feature update board.

Meghan

5. 5 Posted by Leighton Earl on 20 Oct, 2020 12:39 AM

Is this still something that is on the roadmap?

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Matthew on 22 Oct, 2020 06:17 PM

Hi Leighton,

We deprioritized adding PDF invoices from our development roadmap for a few reasons. In short, when redesigning our API we removed it because we saw a decrease in the requests for the feature and decided to focus our efforts elsewhere.

That being said, this feature is eligible for an accelerator discount and if you are interested I could get you a quote.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

• Matthew
  7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Matthew on 09 Nov, 2020 08:25 PM

Hi Leighton,

It looks like it's been a while, so I am going to close this conversation for now.

If you're still interested or ever have any questions, feel free to reopen or start a new discussion!

• Matthew
  8. Matthew closed this discussion on 09 Nov, 2020 08:25 PM.

9. Cazoomi Admin re-opened this discussion on 04 Sep, 2023 10:11 AM

10. 8 Posted by Cazoomi Admin on 04 Sep, 2023 10:11 AM

Hey guys, so after 6 plus years, I think you must only be dealing with mainly USA customers as, looking at the EU countries, they now require PDF or image invoices stored from any vendor for 10 years for audit purposes.

https://www.d-velop.de/blog/compliance/rechnungen-per-e-mail-senden...

The idea of using Cheddar for billing would entail offering your services to a worldwide audience so I am a little surprised this PDF invoice per client is not available or a PNG of the invoice for audit purposes.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac