Migrated Host to new service (and new IP), getting error talking to CheddarGetter now

Clay Nichols

01 Jul, 2018 06:14 PM

Do I need some DNS records to be updated if I change the hosting of an ASPX page that "calls" CheddarGetter?

(I'm kinda grasping at straws here, I know. But it was working fine at original host and on the new host (with a temporary domain name). Then as soon as I redirected my Domain name (BungalowSoftware.com) to point to new hosting (and new IP of course) it stopped working.

The error makes it LOOK like it's some internal ASPX (.Net) problem but I wanted to just confirm the above.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 01 Jul, 2018 07:49 PM

Hi Clay,

It’s possible that you need to change the nameservers for your domain name to point to your new host, if you haven’t done so already, but it’s tough for me to diagnose this issue as I don’t have access to the configuration of your application to rule out other possibilities.

We haven’t gotten any other reports of customers having trouble connecting to Cheddar, so it’s probably safe to assume this is related to some kind of configuration issue in your application. Are you unable to connect to Cheddar at all or are you getting a specific error from Cheddar when you try to make a request to our API?

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Clay Nichols on 01 Jul, 2018 08:33 PM

Thanks for the quick response.

It was a combination of DNS delays and the IIS server needed to have the Folder converted to an Application.

3. Clay Nichols closed this discussion on 01 Jul, 2018 08:33 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM