Need user permissions

Danny Shaw

05 May, 2015 02:10 PM

How can I set a user permission for a user to only see recently signed up. I do not want them to see total revenue or any to make changes/charges. Only to see recently signed up. Is this achievable?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 05 May, 2015 03:12 PM

Hi Danny -- This isn't currently possible in the admin GUI. You could, for example, use the API to provide this simplified display.

2. 2 Posted by Danny Shaw on 05 May, 2015 03:43 PM

I would like to request this feature to be added to the permission set.
    Please give me a timeline on when this could be added.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 06 May, 2015 01:48 PM

We do have plans to upgrade the permissions system. I'm not sure that the granularity of roles in the upgrade will allow for what you're looking for. Access control will be limited to entire resources with perhaps a read/write vs read-only switch for each resource. A "resource" can be thought of as a general action, like viewing the dashboard, or editing a customer's contact information. Only allowing access to a subset of customers based on specific criteria will likely be outside of the scope of the permissions system.

What you've requested is so restrictive in the data viewable that it's fairly trivial to use the API directly (or webhooks) to present just that data relevant to the user. I don't think it will become a feature of CG but we can help you create something.

4. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 03:58 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM