API/Wrapper Versioning

nikolas

07 Jul, 2011 06:40 PM

This comment was split from the discussion: Service Upgrade Notifications

Currently I'm in the process of getting the .NET wrapper up to speed to the most current features. While doing so I noticed that you do not version the api, you mentioned that there will be no breaking changes, and if so you would introduce versioning. Having np with you trying not to break the existing api.

The problem I have encountered is that if you want to describe what features are supported in a wrapper you have no real way of doing so, besides linking to this change log and mentioning the date. So you might not need versioning to run the wrappers, but it would be great to have the option to overview which features are available in which wrappers by referencing a "version".

I could also easily see a table that lists all features that can be filled with the support level for each wrapper.

This would make things a lot easier for new customers/devs.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 07 Jul, 2011 06:43 PM

Hi Nikolas -- I suppose in this case, a date referencing the moment as which the wrapper is up to date would be sufficient. Is there something more that you're looking for?

2. 2 Posted by nikolas on 07 Jul, 2011 09:14 PM

Hm I guess that will have todo for now.

Regarding the API documentation, could it be that it currently is not all the way up to date? Especially referring to the samples not including the fields that are necessary to handle paypal payments? I'm referring to things like gatewayAccount element nesting, ccEmail etc.

Will there be an update on the main api documentation page (https://cheddargetter.com/developers) to include all the recent updates you made on the api?

3. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 09:22 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac