paypal Preapproval after cancellation

dipesh

25 Sep, 2013 07:52 PM

How do i reactivate a cancelled paypal subscription through API? How can a do the preapproval if it was not required during subscription creation process?

1. 1 Posted by Dean on 25 Sep, 2013 07:59 PM

HI Dipesh -- You need to complete the pre-approval to reactivate the subscription.

How do i reactivate a cancelled paypal subscription through API?

Reactivation is only possible by completing the preapproval. You will need to start a new one if the 3 hour limit has passed.

How can a do the preapproval if it was not required during subscription creation process?

For a subscription to be created, the pre-approval needs to be initialized. From that moment you have 3 hours to complete it, otherwise the account will lock and be in a canceled state. If it's a new customer, you can delete the record entirely and create a new customer to start the pre-approval process over again.

Best,
    Dean

2. 2 Posted by dipesh on 25 Sep, 2013 08:08 PM

Hi Dean,
    So i have a plan, where the there is a 60 day trial and i don't expect client to provide any payment details. I think in cheddar getter i have set up also not to require credit card during signup. So using Ruby wrapper, i am just forwarding the basic customer details like name, code etc while creating a new customer.

Now I understand that i need to do pre-approval. But since it is not initated at all during the sing up, how can i initiate it afterwards?

3. 3 Posted by Dean on 25 Sep, 2013 08:13 PM

I believe if you post the payment method as 'PayPal' through the API, it will initialize the preapproval.

4. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2013 07:50 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM