MeS Trident Setup

grosu

02 Feb, 2011 04:21 PM

This comment was split from the discussion: Merchant account and payment gateway

Hi Marc,
I know it's been a while but we finally got everybody back from holidays and we want to move ahead with this. Now turns out that we do not have a merchant account with our banner bank yet and we need to submit a request.
They have sent us the online form but there are a few sections that im not sure what I need to fill up

Here's the form they have sent us http://resources.merchante-solutions.com/display/TPGPUB/Payment+Gat...
And my question is around the
- "Card Types Accepted" (we'd like to have them all but wanna make sure you guys support them) - "Payment Types Accepted" and - "Record Types Accepted"

Cheers,
Gabe

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 02 Feb, 2011 04:38 PM

Hi Gabe -- I'm not familiar with that form but it appears as though it is a request for a MeS Gateway account. The gateway is neither required nor compatible with CheddarGetter - only the MeS Trident merchant account. Since it is a MeS Gateway account request, I'm guessing this is the first step towards getting the MeS Trident account. Once you start this process, you'll need to inform them that you don't need the gateway account, only the merchant account. I've attached a screenshot of the settings I suggest based on some assumptions.

We can setup a CheddarGateway account for you to process through your MeS Trident account. The information required along with the attached form is:

• Merchant Number (12 Digits)
    • Acquirer BIN (6 Digits)
    • Store Number (4 Digits)
    • Terminal Number (4 Digits)
    • Merchant Category (4 Digits)
    • Location Number (5 Digits)
    • Terminal ID (8 Digits)
    • Agent Bank (6 Digits)
    • Agent Chain (6 Digits)
    • Card Types Accepted (visa, mastercard, discover, amex)
  2. 2 Posted by grosu on 02 Feb, 2011 08:35 PM

Thank you Marc,
    Ill have our admin give them a call before just to make sure we don't sign up for something we don't need.

Cheers,
    --gabe

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 8:39 AM
    To: Gabi Rosu
    Subject: Re: MeS Trident Setup [Questions]

3. 3 Posted by grosu on 03 Feb, 2011 11:19 PM

Hi Marc,
    Talking to the MeS guys and here's what they're saying (quoting):

"I’m assuming you are looking for this hierarchy data because you are able to send transactions to TSYS/Vital.
    We have our own payment switch, and can support your product using the same Visanet message format TSYS/Vital does. The only difference is the endpoint.
    If you are able to modify the endpoint of the transactions easily, we can provide you the address to direct MeS payments to.
    I can also provide you some credentials if you wish to test the connection beforehand. The benefit of this is being listed as compatible with our payment platform on our website, and our network of agent banks."

Is this what we need, the direct MeS address, and are you guys okay with this format TSYS/Vital? What else should I ask them?

Thank you,
    --gabe

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Marc Guyer on 03 Feb, 2011 11:32 PM

We are already integrated with the MeS endpoint on Network Merchants (NMI) gateway technology.

5. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 30 Mar, 2012 02:38 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM