Subscription life (length of subscription)

Adam

08 Nov, 2010 04:57 PM

Is there away to charge a recurring monthly payment for a 3month, 6 month or 9 month period. At the end of this time limit I would want to offer option to resubscribe or cancel membership.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 09 Nov, 2010 04:30 PM

CG does not manage this for you. You may, however manage this within your app and cancel the subscription at the end of the term.

2. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 09 Nov, 2010 04:30 PM.

3. Adam re-opened this discussion on 09 Nov, 2010 05:41 PM

4. 2 Posted by Adam on 09 Nov, 2010 05:41 PM

As a subscription billing management tool I would think this kind of functionality would be useful for many customers. Are there any other companies that offer this feature or apps that you know of to help mange this?

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 09 Nov, 2010 07:24 PM

When we built CG, we didn't have a requirement for this feature. That's why it's not there, not because we don't think it would be useful for some merchants. We have the feature on our todo list. The feature includes "pre-canceling" a customer's subscription for the future and an email notification template which is sent at the end of the subscription. Does that sound like what you're looking for?

6. 4 Posted by Adam on 09 Nov, 2010 09:09 PM

That sounds exactly like the functionality I am looking for. As I am only a start up managing the subscription length is feasible manually at this point. However, in the future I hope to automate this. In searching for a subscription billing service I require that this feature be available or at least a consideration for future updates. I am glad to hear that this is on a to do list. I am partial to CG as I appreciate the roots and goals of your company.

Is there an expected release date for this functionality?

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Marc Guyer on 09 Nov, 2010 11:06 PM

Is there an expected release date for this functionality?

There's that question again... We don't have an ETA for that feature in particular. In fact it's not really on the current roadmap. However, since you've expressed significant interest in the feature and is is relatively small, we should be able to fit it into your timeline. What is your timeline for launch?

8. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 02:59 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM