Is CG a good fit for us?

Van Tran

30 Oct, 2010 07:24 AM

Our startup is developing a site where people can make multiple subscriptions and one time orders.
Here's the deal:

• People can subscribe to different subscriptions, and each subscription amount depends on how much they want to order. I understand I can use tracked items for this.
  • People can also make multiple one time orders at the same time. We'd like to charge them right away when they make the order, instead of waiting until a subscription period. Not sure how CG handles this.
  • Optional: We'd like to make everyone subscriptions on the same period. So we were thinking all subscriptions would start on Sunday, and when people subscribe, they get charged a prorated amount right away, and from then on have a fixed subscription amount being charged every Sunday. Not sure how CG handles this.
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 31 Oct, 2010 08:56 PM

Hey there --

What do you mean by "different subscriptions"?

Are you using a shopping cart of some sort for your "one time orders". Are you selling actual goods?

Setting everyone's subscription to the same period is fairly straightforward. You can prorate the amount on the first invoice. Then, set the next invoice bill date to be next Sunday.

2. 2 Posted by Van Tran on 01 Nov, 2010 01:18 AM

Hi Marc, thank you for your response.

I mean, the customers can have many subscriptions, and the subscription amount depends on how much they'd like to pay. All subscriptions are weekly.
    For example: A customer makes the first subscription for $50/week. We prorate the amount and set invoice bill date to be next Sunday. Then after a while, he wants another subscription for $40 / week. Can we do the same thing again? Charge a prorate period and then set bill date to be next Sunday?

We're not using a shopping cart for 1 time purchase. We're basically the middle man between sellers and buyers. This was my biggest fear that we won't be able to charge a customer right away if he has a subscription going. Using the subscription's tracked items, if he makes a 1 time order, and cancels his subscriptions, he won't have to pay for his 1 time order.

3. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 02:59 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM