How much work to migrate from Chargify

Migration from Chargify

13 Oct, 2010 04:51 AM

Based on the events of the last couple of days, I have a simple question... if we are integrated with Chargify today, what pains are we looking at to move to you guys? I am not so concerned about API integration (since we can control that and write new code) but what about our current customers? If their information is already stored in Authorize.net CIM, will we need to force them to re-enter credit card information? Are there any other MAJOR buriers (major meaning significantly painfully or customer experience-impacting) you are aware of in migrating?

We are basically now aware we need to have alternative strategies, regardless if the principal matters of the current changes force us to move or not and would like to know if we could viably migrate to you guys. Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Dan Zitting on 13 Oct, 2010 04:52 AM

Mis-entered name field on previous submission. Apologies.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Marc Guyer on 13 Oct, 2010 03:51 PM

Hey Dan -- I'm not intimately familiar with the Chargify API so there's one thing to work out. Each customer has at least two CIM tokens associated with them. One for the customer's basic information and one for the customer's credit card information. Authnet calls them customerProfileId and customerPaymentProfileId. A customer can have more than one customerPaymentProfileId but CheddarGetter is only concerned with one (the one that pays the subscription). So, the question is, does the Chargify API let you pull these CIM tokens for each customer? I see that the API response has a field called customer_vault_token but there should be two tokens. If so, I don't see any problem with the migration. Your customers wouldn't even need to enter their card data again.

Can you send an example of a full raw API response for one of your paying customers? If so, let's start a new private thread with that information.

We're happy to help in any way we can. Please let us know if you have further questions!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 15 Oct, 2010 05:20 PM

Dan -- Were you able to determine if you can pull the tokens from the Chargify API? If not, we can use the Authorize.Net data directly. Either way, we can get it done.

4. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 02:58 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM