Charged says error

Andrea Barrios

16 Sep, 2020 03:57 PM

Hello, I want to know what does this means "ERROR - General system error in the upstream payment gateway"

One of our users says she was charged two times. When we see the invoice I can see two attempts, one says "ERROR - General system error in the upstream payment gateway" and the other was approved.

Can you shed some light?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Matthew on 28 Sep, 2020 06:30 PM

Hi Andrea,

Sorry for not getting back to you in a timely manner. To answer your question, this error is received when Cheddar tries to communicate with your payment gateway and does not receive a response.

This is a common http networking error and could have happened for any number of reasons.

This transaction was marked as an error and not a decline. This means this transaction never went into your dunning procedures (which is currently set at 3 days) and means you were not charged for it multiple transactions. It was then processed approximately 14 hours later successfully.

Again, I am sorry for not getting back to you quickly & it seems like this issue has been resolved. If you have any other questions or comments please dont hesitate to reach out!

- Matthew

2. Matthew closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2020 07:00 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM