Switching Gateway between Live and Simulation

Trent Chastain

26 Nov, 2019 06:46 PM

I am currently working to set up a new product configuration, and I would like to have two products, one for our "live" system, and another for our Development platform. But I cannot determine how to switch an individual product from a live payment gateway to a simulated one. Additionally, it does not look like you can go back to a simulated gateway, once a live gateway has been enabled.

Are multiple accounts required in order to do this, and it is not possible to have within a single account? If we have two products, and want a different payment processor/merchant for each one, are two live paid accounts required, which would also result in two dashboards and separate reporting?

Thanks in advance.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 27 Nov, 2019 04:31 PM

Hi Trent,

When you're using CheddarPay, there are some technical difficulties when switching from a live gateway to a simulated gateway, so I'd recommend creating a new product account for development purposes. The new product will be in dev mode with a simulated gateway.

You can leave the second account in dev mode for free indefinitely! On the final step of the Quick Setup process, navigate to the dashboard by clicking the cheese in the top left corner instead of providing your payment details to go live.

If we have two products, and want a different payment processor/merchant for each one, are two live paid accounts required, which would also result in two dashboards and separate reporting?

That's generally correct. Each Cheddar product account can only be associated with a single, primary credit card processor. If you have multiple processors, each processor would need its own product account. However, a single Cheddar product account can have both a credit card processor and PayPal peer-to-peer payments account, so you can accept payments via credit card or PayPal account with the same product account.

Let me know if you have any other questions, Trent!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by kimberleyreno on 27 Sep, 2023 03:27 AM

3. 3 Posted by milan on 31 Oct, 2023 10:32 AM

4. 4 Posted by milan on 31 Oct, 2023 10:34 AM

nice post

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM