Hosted page (chargevault) and metadata

Sebastien Mignot

13 May, 2019 02:06 PM

Hello,

I recently came across something and i am not sure if it is normal so here i am:
- for the subscription we use a hosted page of the format .chargevault.com. - the route call for this page (chargevault) includes POST data such as the firstName, lastName, mail company and metadata[lang]. - when i subscribe with a new user i go through the chargevault (with all the POST data) page and click the buttion. - however when i check the information after on cheddar, my users do not seems to have any metadata in base.

So my question is: Is there something i am doing wrong or is it as i fear and metadata can only be added during the direct API call for user creation, and the chargevault page is not capable (or juste not doing if) of handling the metadata infos and adding them to the API call to create the user ?

Regards,

Lucas

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 13 May, 2019 02:43 PM

Hi Lucas,

You're correct that the hosted pages don't support metadata. The functionality of the hosted pages is limited as they're meant for simple subscription models. To set customer metadata, you'll need to use the API. The API supports metadata in the customers/new, customers/edit, and customers/edit-customer calls. There's more information about how to use metadata in this Knowledge Base article.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Sebastien Migno... on 13 May, 2019 04:02 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.
    So i suppose that if i continue to use the hosted page my only recourse is to call your API upon receiving the webhook with activityType="newSubscription", with the route you suggest.
    However we send a mail to the client upon subscription so, can i be sure that the customer/edit call will be done before the mail is sent. Or is the mail sent during the subscription execution which would mean, before the webhook is called ?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 13 May, 2019 04:40 PM

The new subscription email notification from Cheddar is sent as soon as a new subscription is successfully created, so it's unlikely that an additional API call to edit the customer's metadata could be executed before the email notification is sent.

Meghan

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM