Firewall settings for custom SMTP server?

Kevin Moyers

20 Mar, 2019 04:50 PM

Hello,

I'd like to enable custom SMTP server but need the list of sending hosts (ip, subnet, or fqdn) in order to secure our relay. Thanks much.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 20 Mar, 2019 08:10 PM

Hi Kevin,

You can find the list of IP addresses Cheddar uses in our Webhooks Knowledge Base article. Please note that this list is subject to change, but we'll make sure to notify merchants if we anticipate adding or removing any IP addresses from the list.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Kevin Moyers on 20 Mar, 2019 08:17 PM

Hi Meghan,

Just want to ensure I understand correctly. These appear to be 'webhooks' servers but I need to allow for email. Are these the only servers that will be sending emails when I enable the custom SMTP configuration?

I ask because the most recent bcc email I received from cheddar did not originate from any of these addresses.

Thanks much.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 20 Mar, 2019 08:53 PM

Hi Kevin,

If you're currently using the default SMTP settings to send customer communication emails through Cheddar, the IP you're seeing in your emails is the dedicated IP of Cheddar's default SMTP account. If you configure a custom SMTP, our account will be removed from the email delivery process, so you should see emails originate from the IP address of your own SMTP.

Your SMTP will receive information directly from Cheddar, not our SMTP. The IP addresses listed in the webhooks article are all the IP addresses that are possible for outbound communications from Cheddar at this time.

Hope that helps, but let me know if there's anything else you need!

Meghan

4. 4 Posted by Kevin Moyers on 20 Mar, 2019 09:03 PM

Wonderful. Thanks for the clarification!

5. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 22 Mar, 2019 04:48 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM