Changing the billing date

Samia Moutawakkil

01 Oct, 2018 04:44 PM

Hi Support team,

Our company automatically bills our clients on the same day of the month (for example, on every 17th of the month).

One of our clients wanted to change their billing date, so I went on his profile / Edit Subscription / Next Bill Date, and I set a new date.

Question: I've set the new date to be October 31st. Is the 31st day of the month going to be the new monthly billing date? If not, how can I change the monthly billing date?

Thanks a lot.

Samia

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 01 Oct, 2018 05:07 PM

Hi Samia,

When you change a customer's billing date, Cheddar changes the customer's subscription schedule going forward to reflect the new date. To use your example, your customer will now be billed on the 31st of every month.

However, it's important to note that Cheddar will automatically adjust this bill date in the future because not every month has 31 days. Cheddar bills monthly subscriptions every 30 days regardless of the date, so that means a customer scheduled to bill on the 31st will have their billing date changed to the beginning of the next month. For example, if a customer is billed on the 31st of October, then their next recurring bill will be scheduled for December 1st. After that, the customer will always be billed on the 1st.

If that creates an issue for your billing cycle, I'd suggest that you avoid scheduling recurring bills for the 29th, 30th, or 31st of the month.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Samia Moutawakk... on 02 Oct, 2018 08:23 AM

Hi Meghan,

Thank you so much for your detailed answer! Great Support :)

Best,

Samia

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 02 Oct, 2018 08:35 PM

Thanks, Samia :) I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion, but feel free to reopen it by commenting if there's anything else we can help you with.

Meghan

4. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 02 Oct, 2018 08:35 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM