Any experience with payment provider for Estonia

markus

23 Aug, 2018 07:39 AM

As Stripe doesn't operate in Estonia, and apparently it's fairly difficult to get approved by Braintree (and other payment providers) as a small (e-resident) Estonian software company, do you have any experience with payment providers that accept those customers and also work with Cheddar?

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 23 Aug, 2018 05:57 PM

Hi Markus,

Thanks for getting in touch! As you've noted, it can be tough to find processors who support Estonian merchants, but I think we might be able to help. I've got a couple of processing options below that are compatible with Cheddar and, to my knowledge, work with Estonian merchants.

Payvision is more of a traditional processing provider, so you'd need to go through an application process with them in order to obtain an account. That process can take some time but might be worth it in the end because they may be able to offer you more competitive rates if they determine that you're operating a relatively low-risk business.

Payvision is one of our payment processing partners, so if you decide you'd like to give them a try, we can help you with the application process. Just let me know if you'd like to explore this option and I'll walk you through the next steps!

PayPal is also compatible with Cheddar and is available to Estonian merchants. It would probably be quicker to set-up, but would also limit you to only accepting payments from your customers via PayPal account (not direct credit card). There's more information about how Estonian businesses can use PayPal to accept online payments here.

Hope that helps, but let me know if I can answer any other questions for you!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by markus on 24 Aug, 2018 09:51 AM

Hi Meghan,

thanks a lot, this is very helpful. I'm not in a rush right now because
    there's
    a lot of other work to do before I can think of selling my product, but
    I guess
    it's probably a good idea to get the ball rolling earlier rather than
    later.

With Payvision, once an account is setup are there any recurring costs,
    even
    if there are no incoming payments? I could not find much information on
    their
    website, it looks like their pricing depends a lot on the field of
    business one
    is in, and the business itself. Either way, if you could give me some
    pointers
    on where to start the application process with them it'd be much
    appreciated!

Thanks in advance, and all the best,
    Markus

On 23.08.2018 20:57, Meghan Turner wrote:
    > [1]
    >
    > FROM: Meghan Turner (Support staff)
    >
    > Hi Markus,
    >
    > Thanks for getting in touch! As you've noted, it can be tough to find
    > processors who support Estonian merchants, but I think we might be
    > able to help. I've got a couple of processing options below that are
    > compatible with Cheddar and, to my knowledge, work with Estonian
    > merchants.
    >
    > Payvision is more of a traditional processing provider, so you'd need
    > to go through an application process with them in order to obtain an
    > account. That process can take some time but might be worth it in the
    > end because they may be able to offer you more competitive rates if
    > they determine that you're operating a relatively low-risk business.
    >
    > Payvision is one of our payment processing partners, so if you decide
    > you'd like to give them a try, we can help you with the application
    > process. Just let me know if you'd like to explore this option and
    > I'll walk you through the next steps!
    >
    > PayPal is also compatible with Cheddar and is available to Estonian
    > merchants. It would probably be quicker to set-up, but would also
    > limit you to only accepting payments from your customers via PayPal
    > account (not direct credit card). There's more information about how
    > Estonian businesses can use PayPal to accept online payments here [2].
    >
    >
    > Hope that helps, but let me know if I can answer any other questions
    > for you!
    >
    > Meghan
    >

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 24 Aug, 2018 07:28 PM

Hi Markus,

With Payvision, once an account is set up are there any recurring costs, even if there are no incoming payments?

Payvision's fee structure varies quite a bit between merchants and they don't really publish their typical fee schedules (as you've noted), so I don't have a definitive answer to this question. Typically, the charge is a percentage plus a flat fee per transaction, but Payvision evaluates each merchant application for risk and selects fees that they think is appropriate on a per merchant basis.

Either way, if you could give me some pointers on where to start the application process with them it'd be much appreciated!

Absolutely! Happy to help. I've attached a merchant precheck application form for you to fill out. A few things to keep in mind while you're filling out this form:

• On the monthly processing volume question, if you're a relatively early stage company and have yet to process transactions, it's fine to estimate what your monthly processing will be in 6 to 12 months. It's always better to estimate on the high side on this question.
    • On the question asking you to describe your pricing model, if you're offering subscriptions, they'll want to confirm that your customers are charged for those subscriptions relatively frequently. They generally prefer subscriptions that are charged on a monthly basis, rather than subscriptions that are charged annually as those are perceived by the payments processing industry to be riskier. Make sure any pricing you list on the form matches the pricing you're advertising to customers on your website.

When you've completed the form, send it back to me and we can submit it to Payvision for you. Once they evaluate your precheck, they may have you fill out a more in-depth application form and their risk department will look at your location, business type, the products/services you offer, and your pricing model.

To verify these things, they'll want to see your website. If you don't have a live website yet or don't have enough detail on that site for them to confirm some of the above info, they may reject your application, so I'd recommend getting your website live/updated before we submit your application.

Ultimately, the decision to underwrite a payment processing account will be up to Payvision, but I hope some of the info we provided will help you have a greater chance of successfully acquiring an account.

Let me know if you have any questions! Otherwise, let me know when you have your precheck form filled out and I'll get you the link to our secure file transfer page.

Meghan

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac