HTTP GET for Invoices

sahil

14 Jan, 2018 07:06 PM

Hello,

We're trying to figure out we can integrate & sync invoices nightly from GetCheddar to native ERP & Accounting system(NetSuite).
Can you please share if there is an HTTP GET method we can use to get list of invoices based on period/time params.

I've looked into API documentation but couldn't find anything related.

Thanks,
Sahil

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 15 Jan, 2018 04:36 PM

Hey Sahil,

Thanks for your question! All of the available endpoints are listed in the API documentation, but for the use case you're describing, I think you'll want to use Cheddar's webhook functionality. In your Cheddar product account, you can configure webhooks to fire when specific events take place (e.g. new subscription, cancellation, transaction, etc) and use the hook payload to update external applications. For more detail, take a look at our webhooks documentation here.

You can set up a custom hook listener or use Zapier to route the hook data to one of their supported APIs. For your use case, you could listen for the transaction hook and update the customer record in your accounting system accordingly.

Hope that helps, Sahil, but let me know if I can answer any other questions for you!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Sahil on 15 Jan, 2018 06:19 PM

Hi Meghan,

Thank you for the reply.
    Our preference is to avoid middleware setup like Zapier.
    (This preference is partly due to authentication restrictions/limitations we have since our accounting system REST services only allow authentication via OAuth 1.0 )

I looked into your API documentation and can see that Customer response XML returns invoices for the customer.

Can you please advice if there is a way to run a date base query so only filtered invoices are returned for that Customer based on range of created_date ?
    This can probably solve our issue since we can then make HTTP call on specific customers & get back their daily transaction data.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Sahil

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 16 Jan, 2018 03:52 PM

Hi Sahil,

As you've noted, calling the customers endpoint is the only way to get invoice information via the API, but you can narrow the results of the get all customers call by sending in date-based params. Using the transactedAfterDate and transactedBeforeDate params you can get a list of customers who had invoices successfully processed within a certain date range.

Check out the documentation on this call here for some additional available parameters.

Meghan

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM