Gift Cards - assuming the system will not accept them....

Aysia Wright

04 Jan, 2018 08:38 PM

Due to the AVS requirement. Any options here that do not involve removing that requirement? Do any/many merchants operate without AVS? Seems like it would be an invitation for farud. Visa/MC Gift Cards is what I'm asking about.

Cheers,

Aysia

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 04 Jan, 2018 11:13 PM

Hi Aysia,

Yes, in order to accept Visa or Mastercard gift cards you have to loosen your AVS requirements. For the native gateway specifically, you'd need to accept cards that return an AVS response of "AVS is not supported by card issuing bank" and "Address information for the cardholder is unavailable (U)". Turning off these requirements might make it a little easier for someone to use a fraudulent card.

Accepting gift cards for recurring subscriptions also seems like a recipe for lost revenue. Once the pre-set amount is on the card is used, the card will be declined and you won't be able to collect that declined payment unless the customer chooses to put more money on the card.

However, if you think this would be a useful payment option for your customers, we can update your gateway settings for you. Just let me know what you decide!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Aysia Wright on 04 Jan, 2018 11:20 PM

Thanks. That's what I figured. First time it's come up so just wanted to
    verify. I agree on the lost revenue so we won't be going that route! :)

Cheers,

Aysia

3. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 09 Jan, 2018 09:03 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM