Customer Communications: Unsubscribe

Nathan Arnold

01 Dec, 2017 03:10 PM

Is there a way to disable Customer Communication on a per customer basis? We would like to add an 'Unsubscribe' link to the footer of our Customer Communication templates, but I haven't found any mention of this capability in the knowledge base.

Many thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 01 Dec, 2017 06:10 PM

Hi Nathan,

Since the customer communication emails are considered transactional (the primary purpose of the message is to facilitate an already agreed-upon transaction or updates a customer about an ongoing transaction) rather than promotional, an unsubscribe link is not required and thus hasn't been included as a part of this feature. However, there are ways to limit the number of emails your customers receive by changing the customer communication configuration in your Cheddar product.

For example, you can disable the bill reminder email when the subscription plan is free or after the customer's initial bill on a paid plan. You can also disable the payment receipt email when the invoice total is $0 or if the customer is subscribed to a free plan. You can also completely disable any of the existing email notifications for all of your customers if you'd like.

If you're not seeing what you're looking for in the existing configuration options, let me know. We could consider adding other options in a future update, so your feedback would be welcomed! Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you, Nathan.

Meghan

2. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 04:08 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM