How to temporarily suspend an account

Clay Nichols

29 Aug, 2016 06:16 PM

Is there a way to temporarily suspend an account (rather than cancelling, which would require the user provide their CC # again)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 29 Aug, 2016 09:35 PM

Hi Clay,

Could you give me a little more detail about what you mean by suspended? Would you like the customer to continue to have access to your application without being billed for a certain time period? Or do you want to restrict access? Any additional details you can provide about this particular use case would help me give you a more concise answer. Thanks!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Clay Nichols on 29 Aug, 2016 11:20 PM

I do not want the customer to have access during that time.

They essentially wont be using it for a few months, but rather.than cancel
    theyd like to just suspend the.service for a few months.

-Clay

Sent from my phone. Pardon the brevity and AutoCorrect typos.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 30 Aug, 2016 07:08 PM

Hi Clay,

Thanks for the additional information! You have a couple of options here.

If you're not sure exactly when your customer will want to re-start their subscription, I'd recommend you go ahead and cancel them. Although you mentioned that you don't want them to have to re-enter their card information, if your customer waits awhile to renew it's possible that the card they have on file may expire or that they'll want to use a different payment method, so having your customer go through that step again may actually be helpful in the long run.

Alternately, if you know when your customer would like to re-start their subscription, you can go into the customer's account in the edit subscription section and change their next bill date to an exact date in the future. If you change their next bill date to November 30th, for example, they won't be charged between now and that date. It's important to note that changing this setting alone will not restrict the customer's access to your application, you'll need to determine how you'll deny access upon authorization during this time period. It's up to you to decide how you'd like to handle that, but, to make a suggestion, you could use meta data to tell your system if a customer is 'suspended'. If you have bill reminder emails enabled, they'll be sent to the customer before their next bill is due, so that they're aware they're about to be charged for the subscription again.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you!

Meghan

4. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 06 Oct, 2016 03:03 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM