Payment Plan (Max Billing Occurrences)

API Access

19 Nov, 2015 10:18 PM

I need to bill customers in 3 distinct ways. I wanted to make sure the platform supports this;

1. Recurring Monthly Subscriptions
2. Payment Plans ($500 per month for 6 months, then ends)
3. One-Time Payments ($3000, not be repeated again).

#1 is obvious, #3 i can configure non-recurring but says will bill the amount "initially billed 1 month after signup", not ideal.

And #2, Im not sure how to manage that! :)

B

1. 1 Posted by API Access on 19 Nov, 2015 10:29 PM

Figured out #3 ... the Quick Setup add payment plan causes that weird issue. Adding the plan normally and it works.

2. 2 Posted by Drew Songer on 23 Nov, 2015 02:59 AM

Hi Brandon,

By default our subscription engine operates on an open invoice model that does not have a designated end date. with that said, our web hooks system can be used to develop more complex functionality. You can learn some more about the available web hooks here.

One potential way to create the automatic cancelation of a subscription after 6 months would be to use the transaction event. When a successful transaction occurs we send out a web hook that contains all of the subscription data. The hook listener that you build would contain some simple logic that would determine if the subscription creation date was 6 months prior. If true, a cancelation API call is trigger. If false, no action is taken.

Lastly, in regards to one-time payments, we also have the functionality to issue a one-time invoice independently from the open invoice. This can be done via API and on the invoice page of a customers profile in the admin GUI. A customer simply has to have an active plan to issue one of these.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
    Drew

3. Drew Songer closed this discussion on 21 Jan, 2016 06:33 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM