CC always required with Every Billing Update

Grant Black

11 Jul, 2018 08:11 PM

Hello,

We have code in production that used to work and now it doesn't. We allow users who have a CC on file to update their billing information without retyping their CC info. The API appears to give us a 200 response but nothing is updated on the CG side. We were wondering why this is happening and if we are actually required to provide the CC with every billing update.

Thanks,
Grant

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 11 Jul, 2018 09:19 PM

Hi Grant,

If the customer is updating their subscription information (i.e. changing their pricing plan) and they already have a card saved, then they won't need to enter the card number again.

However, if the customer is updating billing information, like billing address or billing name, they'll need to provide their credit card number for that update to be successful. Billing information is inextricably linked to the credit card on file and is often used to verify that the card is in good standing, so you can't update billing information without updating the card number as well.

I am curious about the API response you received, though. It seems like we should return an error if an update to the billing information wasn't made. I'll check in with our engineering team to see if we can make some changes to that behavior. Any chance you have a record of the raw response data Cheddar returned when you tried to update billing information that you could share with us?

Meghan

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM