Notice of API updates

Grant Black

23 May, 2018 09:29 PM

Hello,

Recently we found out the hard way that our web requests were using the wrong TLS version and we didn't know until our application was returning errors when hitting your API.
Is there a newsletter or line of communication I can join in order to receive updates like this so we can be proactive with our application and CG integration?

Thanks,
Grant

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 24 May, 2018 11:53 PM

Hey Grant,

Sorry for the delayed reply on this! We've been focused on GDPR prep today, but I wanted to get back to you and express my apologies for the lack of advanced warning about the deprecation of TLS 1.0. I'm sure it was troubling to see these error responses come in seemingly out of the blue. We'll be working on our notification policies to make sure this doesn't happen again.

To give you a bit of context, it's actually unusual for us not to send out a general notification to active users about an API update like this. We did some testing and believed we had identified all customer applications using 1.0. There were very few applications still using the old version, so we reached out to those customers individually, but clearly, our testing wasn't comprehensive enough as we missed you!

For the time being, we've re-enabled 1.0 and we'll make sure to notify you of any updates. Moving forward, we'll make sure to send emails and/or post notifications on the site about updates that could affect connectivity.

Lastly, we've recently launched a status page, where we'll post information about maintenance events and the general availability of the site. You can view the uptime of Cheddar's components, current response times, and subscribe to updates at status.getcheddar.com.

Let me know if there's anything we else we can do for you, Grant.

Meghan

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM