Why did none of our scheduled invoices process today?

Aysia Wright

03 May, 2018 02:51 AM

This is a big problem for us. We rely on our scheduled invoices to process on time, as scheduled as this is how we manage cash flow. It takes time for the cash to reach our account and if it so happens that it processes before a weekend and that was not planned for, this is bad. Even a day delay can a big impact on us. Why did not of them process today? It appears they are all queued? Please respond as soon as possible.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 03 May, 2018 03:58 AM

Hi Aysia,

This is related to the database issues we chatted about earlier today. In order to fix that issue, we had to disable the recurring engine. When the recurring engine is disabled, invoices do not automatically transact. The recurring engine is fault tolerant, so when it's re-enabled, it will transact any invoices that didn’t process while the engine was suspended.

Our team of engineers and database administrators has been working non-stop today to get this resolved because we know it's incredibly important to our merchants that transactions are running as expected. We're in the final stages of implementing a fix and anticipate being able to re-enable the recurring engine soon.

In the meantime, it is possible to manually run queued transactions even when the recurring engine is disabled. If there are queued invoices you'd like to go ahead and transact now, click on the queued invoice and hit 'run invoice' in the bottom left corner of the page.

Also, we've recently launched a status page for Cheddar and we'll be posting updates on this issue there. I'll continue to update you via this support discussion, but if you'd like to monitor the status page as well check out https://status.getcheddar.com/.

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Aysia Wright on 03 May, 2018 02:39 PM

Hi Megan - Thank you for letting me know. It would have been nice had
    someone told me that while the issue was being fixed that no recurring
    payments would be processed. I will start doing them by hand now as we
    can't have a further delay unless you can just tell it to process all
    queued in one go shortly?

Best regards,

Aysia

3. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 25 May, 2018 03:33 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac