Since yesterday all my invoices are queued but no transaction is done

Nicolas Hernandez

20 Oct, 2017 09:48 AM

Hello,

Since yesterday 19 oct 16h45 all invoices are in queued status, but none of them actually has made it to the transaction state.
Nothing seems to be billed to the clients, however next periods have already begun?
Nothing has changed on our side so i was wondering if you knew the reason for that

Error log shows some 422 Declined Payment, But it seems not related as no transaction is even emitted for those affected.
Ogone does not show any trace of error.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 20 Oct, 2017 02:36 PM

Hi Nicolas,

We're looking into this. I see that you've had transactions run successfully this morning and some of your invoices were marked as paid, so I don't think there's an issue with your gateway or Cheddar running transaction on your behalf. It's not abnormal for an invoice to be in a queued status for some time after the invoice is due as the transaction waits to be picked up by our recurring engine, but it does seem that some of yours may be taking a little longer to process than usual.

I'll ask our engineering team to take a closer look at this to make sure everything is functioning as expected. I'll let you know what we find out.

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Nicolas Hernand... on 23 Oct, 2017 10:35 AM

Hi Meghan,

I have checked this morning and it seems that transaction are still executed but way later than what we were used to until now.
    I have put in place reporting 3 months ago and it was fine until the 19 October where we began experiencing those delays (of minimum 24h hours before transaction, to 2 or 3 days). This causes us problem because we only set the number of items for the new month once the transaction has been made (Not the right way i know; new method using subscriptionBillable on the way).

The only thing we modified is we added the subscriptionBillable event to our account (for the moment it is just in test so the function called in the webhook does not do anything). I was thinking my implementation is the reason, but subscriptionBillale requests seems to all have completed and i do not have acces to execution time. Maybe this creates delay. however the implementation is older than when we began to see delays.

It seems weird because today 23rd. I still have people with invoices queued from the 21, but some transaction were made during those two days.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 23 Oct, 2017 04:34 PM

Hi Nicolas,

As far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong with your implementation of the subscription billable hook! I checked in with our engineering team and, due to some updates to our environment, the recurring engine was running a little less frequently than usual over the last few days which resulted in invoices staying in queued state longer than you're used to seeing.

I can understand why this is concerning, but this behavior isn't unexpected. We've designed Cheddar to be tolerant of these situations and it will automatically run any queued transactions as soon as the recurring engine runs. Customer accounts with queued invoices waiting to be processed will not be auto-canceled by Cheddar and you won't lose any of the revenue that's due to you. It's good idea to make your sure you application is also tolerant of these situations and doesn't restrict access for customers with queued invoices. Sounds like you're already working on doing this with the subscription billable hook!

The recurring engine has been running this morning, so you should see those queued transaction process over the next day or so. I hope this helps ease any of the concerns you may have about this situation, but I'm happy to answer any additional questions you have!

Meghan

4. 4 Posted by Nicolas Hernand... on 24 Oct, 2017 03:46 PM

Hi Meghan,

Thanks for your answers.

Hopefully we were lucky in our decision to update our legacy webhook implementation. The new solution using subscriptioBillable hook was already developed and planned to be deployed on this Friday so this is not too worrisome. Moreover as this one is fault tolerant, the fact that actual numbers are wrong should be overridden by the new implementation at the end of periods.

I was more worried by the fact that we had no transaction for 24h, but this is Ok now, and my reporting seems to be indicating that your engine is running more often now.

Sincerely,

Lucas Kennedy

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Meghan Turner on 25 Oct, 2017 02:28 PM

Ok, good luck with implementation of the subscription billable hook! Let me know if you have any questions about that. I'd be happy to help.

I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion, but if there's anything else you need, feel free to re-open it by commenting.

Meghan

6. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 25 Oct, 2017 02:28 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM