Unexpected Error Trying to PRocess first transaction

Chimp Commander

06 Oct, 2017 03:02 AM

We tried to launch our product with your gateway (vs STripe since that didn't work) and when we tried to process our first card, we got an 'unexpected error'. What is the problem?

I have tried to finish filling out the info like 4x to finish adding the info and each time it saves it, but when I come back it's gone.

https://i.imgur.com/J9wgaYR.png

1. 1 Posted by Chimp Commander on 06 Oct, 2017 03:11 AM

In the error logs for Cheddargetter, even though I've entered our bank account info correctly, your system keeps showing it's empty.

Code 412 bank_account[account_number]:isEmpty

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Meghan Turner on 06 Oct, 2017 03:58 AM

Hey Chimp Commander team,

Sorry you're having trouble! On your first question about the flash message that says you still need give us some additional information, it's being incorrectly displayed. It should only display if you haven't filled out the disbursement form, but right now it's displaying to everyone regardless of whether or not they've completed the form. If you've completed the bank disbursement form, you don't need to go back in and re-submit the data. I took a look at your account and the form appears to be filled out correctly, so for the time being, ignore the flash message. We'll work on fixing it that so it stops displaying after you've successfully filled out the form.

On the 412 error, it sounds like you've double checked your bank info and everything is correct, so we'll check in with our payment processing team to make sure everything is configured properly on our end. I'll get back to you with more information as soon as I hear from them. Also, I haven't forgotten about your Stripe question! We've been doing some research today and should have something to share with you tomorrow morning.

Meghan

Meghan

3. 3 Posted by Chimp Commander on 06 Oct, 2017 05:19 AM

So can you please tell me why the charge didn't go through? THe error on your side isn't detailed, but are you saying the charge didn't go through because of the 412 error? This is sorta holding up the launch of Chimp Commander.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Meghan Turner on 06 Oct, 2017 02:24 PM

Hey There,

I checked our logs and it looks like there's an issue with the information you're passing us with the create new customer API call that may be preventing the transaction from going through. The gateway is throwing an error that says you have an invalid country code format. This could either mean you're not passing in a country code at all, which is a required param with our built in payment processor, or you're not using the correct format (ISO Alpha 2 or Alpha 3 are required).

Try passing in a country code with the create new customer call (use the ccCountry param) with the correct formatting and let me know how that goes.

Meghan

5. 5 Posted by Chimp Commander on 06 Oct, 2017 02:39 PM

Meghan,

Your documentation doesn't state that the address is new.

Based on what you're saying above, I'm assuming this due to your CC gateway processor? If so, can you confirm we only need to pass country code? We'd prefer not to ask for every field for conversion reasons.

Robert

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Meghan Turner on 06 Oct, 2017 03:57 PM

Hi Robert,

Your documentation doesn't state that the address is new.

Good catch, we do need to update our docs to say that the ccCountry param is conditionally required.

I'm assuming this due to your CC gateway processor? If so, can you confirm we only need to pass country code? We'd prefer not to ask for every field for conversion reasons.

Correct, this is a requirement of our new built in payment processor. The ccCountry param is the only additional required param and it's only required if a payment method is being provided in the API call. If you're subscribing a customer to a plan without providing a payment method, the ccCountry param isn't required. The docs are correct on everything else. None of the other address fields (address, city, state, zip) are required.

Meghan

7. 7 Posted by Chimp Commander on 06 Oct, 2017 08:47 PM

Meghan,

We were able to get Stripe hooked up (using non-tokenized) and process a transaction (though for some reason the promo code didn't get applied so I was charged the full $249 instead of $2.50). I will find out if that's an error on our end.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Meghan Turner on 25 Oct, 2017 03:57 PM

Hi Robert,

Just checking in to see how things are going with your Cheddar product. I took a look at your product account today and it appears you've been able to successfully process transactions with Stripe, but let me know if you if you have any questions or concerns.

Also, we've begun the process of evaluating our Stripe integration to determine how to make the updates necessary to use Stripe.js. We won't retire our current integration for quite some time, so our current customers can continue to process transactions without making any changes to their application or Cheddar product, but we hope to be able to offer the new method as an alternative option soon. We're still in the early stages of this project, but I'll keep you updated on our progress.

Meghan

9. Marcela Poffald closed this discussion on 11 Apr, 2018 04:07 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM