Emails aren't being delivered or sent

Donnell Wyche

19 May, 2014 12:32 PM

At or near April 9, 2014 CheddarGetter stop delivering or sending email confirmations/notifications. I've checked my credentials at SendGrid and just updated and changed my SMTP password, but I don't see a way to test whether CheddarGetter is able to deliver messages. Any help is appreciated.

1. 1 Posted by Jess Pendley on 19 May, 2014 01:11 PM

Hi Donnell --

Currently, you are on what is considered a non-standard port that is no longer open to our new platform - we migrated in April, you can read more on that here. We are recommending that our customers use either port 25 or port 587, but if you have any questions regarding an alternate port or on updating you settings, please let us know.

Thanks!

2. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 19 May, 2014 01:11 PM.

3. Community Center Support re-opened this discussion on 19 May, 2014 01:17 PM

4. 2 Posted by Community Cente... on 19 May, 2014 01:17 PM

Hi Jess,

Thanks–that solved the problem!

Did I miss an email notification about the changes to your hosting platform and the impact it would have on my settings? Even after reading the blog post you linked to, there was nothing in there that would have indicated that I needed to switch my SMTP settings.

Thanks,
    Donnell

5. 3 Posted by Jess Pendley on 19 May, 2014 01:30 PM

Hi Donnell --

The SMTP config changes weren't discovered until shortly after that blog post. We did send out an email and an alert on our Twitter, but if you have blocked an email from us in the past, it wouldn't have been sent to you.

If you'd like I can re-add you to our email list and you'll receive any future notifications like this one.

6. 4 Posted by Community Cente... on 19 May, 2014 07:33 PM

Hi Jess,

Thanks for replying and please add <[email blocked]> to your notifications mailing list.

Cheers!
    Donnell
    --
    Community Center for Churches
    [email blocked]
    https://www.communitycenterforchurches.com/

7. 5 Posted by Jess Pendley on 19 May, 2014 07:40 PM

Not a problem. I have added that email to our mailing list and you should receive any future notifications that we send.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

8. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 19 May, 2014 07:40 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM