setup Fee billed upon signup and unscheduled first bill date

Kurt Adair

23 Sep, 2020 09:33 PM

I'd like to charge a setup fee immediately on sign-up. Then, I'd like to start the subscription manually (based on shipping hardware to the customer).
When I setup the pricing plan accordingly, Setup fee billed upon signup and do not schedule first invoice it does not perform as expected.
The hosted portal says I will be billed Immediately for the setup fee + monthly fee. Once submitted, no charges are processed until the start date is manually set.

Is this a bug, not possible, or did I set it up wrong?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ozmara on 24 Sep, 2020 05:53 PM

Kurt,

The bug seems to have been miscommunication with the settings. When you say do not schedule and transact first invoice is what it should say. The feature overrides the set up fee.

You could create one pricing plan for your set up that has whatever set up fee you want on it, its frequency with no automatic recursion. Then create a second one that is recurring. Put them on the set up one when they start, and then when you want to you can change their plan to the recurring one. This is good to keep subscription history and you don't have to keep editing any dates on invoices.

This is my recommendation, but I will be bringing this up to the tech team as well to verify.

Hope this helps,

Ozmara

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ozmara on 01 Oct, 2020 05:41 PM

Hi Kurt,

Just following up on how everything went. Was the problem resolved?

Thank you,

Ozmara

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ozmara on 16 Nov, 2020 04:05 PM

Kurt,

I am going to go ahead and close this discussion. If you have any other questions let us know.

Thanks,

Ozmara

4. Ozmara closed this discussion on 16 Nov, 2020 04:05 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac