Cant download CSV file for the transactions

Steven Sullivan

23 Sep, 2019 05:55 PM

Hi,

Since Friday I'm not able to download the transaction csv file which is very important for our business. Can you please help with this. We have tried with different browsers and different computers.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 23 Sep, 2019 06:06 PM

Hi Steven,

We’re looking into this now! Could you tell me the exact search parameters you’re using to pull the list you’re trying to download, so that we can try to replicate the issue (e.g. all paying customers, paying customers transacted within a specific date range, etc)?

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Steven Sullivan on 23 Sep, 2019 06:09 PM

Sure, I'll upload a view of my search. If you need anything else. Let me know.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 23 Sep, 2019 08:05 PM

Hi Steven,

These search parameters will return every transaction that's ever been processed through your Cheddar product account, which could be hundreds of thousands of transactions. In this case, I think Cheddar is likely returning a 500 error because the system is timing out before it can return such a high volume of transaction records.

Could you use one of the date range parameters (e.g. 'show invoices transacted between') to reduce the number of results that Cheddar is attempting to return? Or does your use case require all transaction records?

Meghan

4. 4 Posted by Steven Sullivan on 23 Sep, 2019 09:09 PM

Hi Megan,

Yes, we do require all transactions., We run a report in our systems that require everything.

Thanks!

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Meghan Turner on 24 Sep, 2019 08:19 PM

Hi Steven,

Got it. I can check with the engineering team to see if there's any way for us to increase the time out limit on this, but it's possible that we'll run into limitations on CSV document size that are imposed by operating systems.

In the meantime, I'd suggest using the filters to do the download in multiple batches, then merging the CSVs with the results on your computer.

Just out of curiosity, what report are you generating that require all transactions? If I know what you're trying to do, I might be able to suggest some other options to get the results you're looking for.

Meghan

6. 6 Posted by Steven Sullivan on 26 Sep, 2019 06:30 PM

Hi Megan,

Any updates on the engineering team having this fixed? We need all the data because we transfer this to another system.

Thanks!

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Meghan Turner on 27 Sep, 2019 06:03 PM

They're still looking into it, but I'll let you know as soon as they have an update for us!

Meghan

8. 8 Posted by Steven Sullivan on 27 Sep, 2019 07:18 PM

Thank you Megan.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Meghan Turner on 30 Sep, 2019 09:44 PM

Hi Steven,

The engineering team was able to make an adjustment that should help. Go ahead and try to download your transaction CSV again. Let me know how it goes!

Meghan

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM