Gravity payments compliance with MasterCard transactions

Ka Wai Cheung

18 Jun, 2019 07:28 PM

Hey team-

I just got in touch with Gravity Payments and they informed me that there is a new requirement for MasterCard to process payments with a "certain code value" that Cheddar doesn't support. This would ultimately result in a substantial fee that would be charged back to us for any MC transactions.

When will there be a fix in place on your end for this? We can't afford to have this additional charge on our end.

Thanks-
-Ka Wai

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 18 Jun, 2019 08:14 PM

Hi Ka Wai,

We're aware of the new requirements from Visa and Mastercard for passing additional credential on file indicators to the payment processor and have a plan to add these variables to our CheddarGateway integration, however, our CheddarGateway provider (NMI) does not yet support these variables for some of the backend processors our merchants are using with CheddarGateway.

We're pressuring NMI to support these variables for our merchants' payment processors as soon as possible so that we can complete our end of the process. I talked to them last week and they've escalated this issue with their engineering team. I'll talk to them again this week to get an update and let them know that our merchants need this to be done ASAP. I'll keep you updated on our progress!

Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Ka Wai Cheung on 24 Jun, 2019 03:18 PM

Thank you Meghan! Please keep me posted.

-Ka Wai

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan Turner on 10 Jul, 2019 04:23 PM

Hi Ka Wai,

Good news, we were able to update our NMI integration to include the parameters that should fulfill Visa and Mastercard requirements for transactions to have card on file indicators. We expect this will provide the card issuers with what they need to approve recurring transactions with stored card credentials, but if you get any further notifications from Gravity or run across unusual transaction errors/declines, please let us know.

That should take care of everything for now, but let me know if you have any questions!

Meghan

4. 4 Posted by Ka Wai Cheung on 10 Jul, 2019 05:04 PM

Great thanks for the update Meghan!

-Ka Wai

5. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2019 01:54 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM