Security Issue?

Andrew Wallace

18 Jan, 2019 12:03 AM

Just had a very weird authentication error that my password was invalid. Seeing issue on server connecting to cheddar as well.

Same password for years.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 18 Jan, 2019 12:07 AM

Hi Andrew -- Looking at this now. I'm seeing a large number of 401 responses in our logs for your requests. I'll update you as soon as I have more information.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Marc Guyer on 18 Jan, 2019 12:29 AM

It's looking like your password has been hacked. Are you aware of any user management activity on your account ~1hr ago? We need to reset your password. I'm sending a passwd reset email to your address.

3. 3 Posted by Andrew Wallace on 21 Jan, 2019 11:49 PM

Nothing obvious could be determined. But I think perhaps something is different when logging into a browser and perhaps logged into a different browser. But, I cannot re-produce. But, in the last few days I have three different occasions where I got an authentication error but upload re-loading I was logged in.

Closing this one. I will re-open if I reproduce anything or if I see more often.

4. Andrew Wallace closed this discussion on 21 Jan, 2019 11:49 PM.

5. Meghan Turner re-opened this discussion on 22 Jan, 2019 07:21 PM

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Meghan Turner on 22 Jan, 2019 07:21 PM

Ok, thanks, Andrew. I went ahead and checked-in with the engineering team on this and they have been making some changes to Cheddar's auth flow recently. We weren't able to determine the exact cause of the auth error you experienced, but we think it was a temporary problem that surfaced while updates were being implemented that's now resolved.

If you encounter any other issues over the next few days, though, please let us know! We're happy to take another look.

Meghan

7. Meghan Turner closed this discussion on 22 Jan, 2019 07:21 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM