Churn analyse

jerrel Zandgrond

03 Dec, 2018 06:46 AM

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Looking at statistics i would like to have a graph of churn divided by lifetime value. For instance I see that we have a higher
number of subscriptions but our churn is also higher. With the lifetime value (number how long these churns where clients)
and churns divided in table I could see if the higher number of churns are newer customer (so I've attracted more but less
loyal customers) or older customers with that I know on which group to focus.

Jerrel

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan Turner on 03 Dec, 2018 05:00 PM

Hi Jerrel,

Thanks for the feedback! This feature has not been requested before, but I can see how it might be useful to understand the length of a customer's subscription when they churn to gauge how well your product provides long-term value to your customer base. I can add this to our feature update planning board and the team will evaluate it in a future development cycle.

I'm not sure that LTV would be the right comparison metric for this, though. Say you have a customer who signed up for a plan that bills $500 a month and they cancel after two months. Their LTV is $1000 and their subscription length is 2 months. Compare that to another customer who signs up for a plan that bills $20 per month and cancels after 12 months. Their LTV would be less ($240), but they kept their subscription longer.

If you're trying to see churns for newer customers vs. older customers I think it might be more useful to see churns by subscription length rather than by LTV, but what do you think? Am I correctly understanding the kind of data you're looking to gather from this metric?

Also, keep in mind that churns aren't always cancellations. A churn can also be a downgrade from a paid pricing plan to a free pricing plan. Would you like to include downgrades in this particular analysis or just cancellations?

Lastly, you may already be aware of this, but we do have some additional churn analytics in the Analytics section of the Activity menu on your Cheddar dashboard. You can analyze churn over a wider variety of date ranges here than what's offered on the main dashboard page.

Thanks again for the suggestion. We appreciate any additional context you can provide!

Meghan

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac