Hosted Page Styling

Jeremy Goldsborough

08 Oct, 2015 09:29 PM

Hi there,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a little more flexibility with the hosted page styling. Specifically with these two issues...

1) Logo image uploaded is automatically restricted to 300px wide. This seems unnecessary. I want to have a logo or header image that can stretch the full width of 680px. If I use CSS to manually increase the image width, it's pixelated because the system apparently automatically resizes my original image down to 300px wide.

2) Background images in CSS get stripped out. It appears that using background images in the custom CSS area is not permitted. Again, this doesn't seem necessary and limits the flexibility we have to customize the hosted page to look similar to our website style.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 09 Oct, 2015 02:19 PM

Hi Jeremy --

1) Logo image uploaded is automatically restricted to 300px wide. This seems unnecessary. I want to have a logo or header image that can stretch the full width of 680px. If I use CSS to manually increase the image width, it's pixelated because the system apparently automatically resizes my original image down to 300px wide.

You're correct that the system reduces any image > 300px down to 300px. This is a limitation of the hosted pages. Perhaps if you attach your desired image here, I can suggest a workaround.

2) Background images in CSS get stripped out. It appears that using background images in the custom CSS area is not permitted. Again, this doesn't seem necessary and limits the flexibility we have to customize the hosted page to look similar to our website style.

I'm not aware of any such restriction. Can you be more specific about this? Keep in mind that any bg images will have to include the full URL to the image location and also be served over HTTPS.

2. 2 Posted by Jeremy Goldsbor... on 12 Oct, 2015 07:23 PM

Marc,

Turns out I overlooked the images needing to be served over HTTPS. I was able to accomplish the look I needed with CSS background images.

Thanks

3. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 13 Oct, 2015 12:47 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM