Hosted Payment Page tweaks

Frank Koehl

26 Nov, 2012 05:15 PM

I am collecting shipping address info as part of my signup process, and I have this information in hand when I shuttle the user off to the CG Hosted Payment Page. I'd like to pass this information in via the URL -- same fashion as the first name, last name, and email -- to pre-populate the billing address fields.

Relatedly, I have an account on my side with their name and info already set up. I don't want to allow them to edit their name or email in CG, so an option to prevent that like the plan code would be awesome.

(removed comments about possible bug, was a problem with my code)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 26 Nov, 2012 09:10 PM

I am collecting shipping address info as part of my signup process, and I have this information in hand when I shuttle the user off to the CG Hosted Payment Page. I'd like to pass this information in via the URL -- same fashion as the first name, last name, and email -- to pre-populate the billing address fields.

No problem. The parameters are elements of a subscription. So, you can pass, for example, subscription[ccCity] and set it equal to the city.

Relatedly, I have an account on my side with their name and info already set up. I don't want to allow them to edit their name or email in CG, so an option to prevent that like the plan code would be awesome.

Hmm... not possible right now. Might I suggest developing a method to keep these in sync?

2. 2 Posted by Frank Koehl on 26 Nov, 2012 09:40 PM

No problem. The parameters are elements of a subscription. So, you can pass, for example, subscription[ccCity] and set it equal to the city.

Ok, to make sure I understand, the URL would look like this...

http://example.chargevault.com/update?method=cc&key=CUST_KEY&code=CUST_CODE&subscription[ccCity]=New York&subscription[ccState]=New York

Hmm... not possible right now. Might I suggest developing a method to keep these in sync?

Goes without saying, I was hoping you could save me the trouble. ;)

3. 3 Posted by Frank Koehl on 26 Nov, 2012 09:47 PM

Correction: billing address parameters are passed directly, not under the subscription array. The following worked for me...

http://example.chargevault.com/update?method=cc&key=CUST_KEY&code=CUST_CODE&ccCity=New York&ccState=New York

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Marc Guyer on 26 Nov, 2012 09:58 PM

Correction: billing address parameters are passed directly, not under the subscription array. The following worked for me...

It seems that both work.

5. Dean closed this discussion on 23 Jan, 2013 05:37 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM