Summary

Michael van Rooijen

17 Oct, 2011 10:23 PM

Hi CG,

Is there any way to get a summary (total amount of revenue with and without VAT) for a particular period? For example, something like:

"Display the total amount of revenue (and VAT separately) between 1st of January and the 1st of Februari"

I couldn't find anything on the UI that could do this, is there such a feature available? If not, It would be really helpful to be able to submit such data to the tax companies without having to open every transaction manually and counting 100 transactions one by one every month to get the total amount of revenue. The thing is that some of my customers are outside of Europe (where I live) and do not need to pay tax. So part of the revenue is net, but some of it isn't and tax needs to be subtracted.

So what would be really great, would be the following:

• A way to get a simple summary for a certain period
  • Have the total revenue of everything
  • Have a total amount of revenue that isn't VAT exempt, and display the NET revenue and VAT separately
  • Have a total amount of revenue that is VAT exempt

So there would be two separate summaries, since VAT doesn't apply to some of the revenue, and some does. Additionally maybe the sum of both of these combined. With this data it would be a lot easier to fill in tax forms and get a better overview in general.

But, as I said, not sure if you already have such a feature and I might be overlooking it.

Please let me know!
Cheers,

Michael

1. 1 Posted by adam on 24 Oct, 2011 03:14 PM

Hi Michael,

You are right, that is a very useful feature. We have this on our product roadmap, and will update this thread when we release it. The developers have been primarily working on Paypal recently, but when that is finished they will move on towards more reporting functionality, among other things.

Thanks,
    Adam

2. adam closed this discussion on 24 Oct, 2011 03:14 PM.

3. Michael van Rooijen re-opened this discussion on 24 Oct, 2011 03:47 PM

4. 2 Posted by Michael van Roo... on 24 Oct, 2011 03:47 PM

Thanks Adam!

Glad to hear it'll be incorporated in to the service in the future.

5. adam closed this discussion on 24 Oct, 2011 04:00 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM