Refunding customers and keeping track outside of CG

JB

11 Oct, 2011 06:47 AM

I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to apply refunds to customers and make sure it can be reflected in my SaaS system. We are using hosted payments feature and also various API calls that are working great.

For example... customer signs up for a plan and then gets billed and realizes hey... woops i didnt mean to signup right now... and asks to cancel the account. Lets say hypothetically i needed to refund him... I can set him inactive so he doesnt get billed any more but he still is charged for that first invoice.

Any ideas how I could go about getting him the funds back on the first invoice and making sure my outside SaaS system continues to reflect accordingly?

1. 1 Posted by adam on 11 Oct, 2011 03:15 PM

Currently within CG, the only way to credit a customer is to issue a custom credit on their pending invoice which will settle when that invoice is due.

You always have the option to reverse a transaction (which credits the customer's credit card) in your gateway virtual terminal, or through Paypal, depending on their payment method.

If you are using CheddarGetter to check authorization with API calls, then as soon as you cancel his account in CG he will not have access to your SaaS system.
    http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/hosted-payment-pages/hosted-pay...

Thanks,
    Adam

2. 2 Posted by Jeremy Bursky on 11 Oct, 2011 03:31 PM

Adam,

Thanks for the response.

I was aware of the options you mentioned... My main concern is making sure
    SaaS matches with CG.

For example; if i issue reverse from CC gateway then customer gets funds but
    the reports will not match.

Currently the SaaS has the ability to set the customer account "inactive"
    which cancels the account for additional future billing in CG and sets them
    inactive. Which works great. The main concern is getting them the refund and
    keeping the SaaS updated.

Using the credit feature is also ok option but as you said this requires the
    customer to wait until the next upcoming invoice to get the credit applied.

Any other ideas?

3. 3 Posted by adam on 12 Oct, 2011 07:47 PM

That is definitely an issue we're aware of, and it's on our development roadmap. Refunds should be available by early Q1 of 2012. I'm very sorry but those are the only available options at the moment.

4. Dean closed this discussion on 17 Jan, 2013 03:54 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM