Payment Gateway Pricing, and Merchant Account Clarification

sumeet

30 Sep, 2011 02:05 AM

1. Payment Gateway Pricing

The "Blowing Up" plan includes your Gateway, which lets us accept credit cards online. Is there an additional fee per transaction when we use your gateway? Or is everything included in the cost of the "Blowing Up" plan?

2. Merchant Account Clarification

Under what conditions would someone who has the "Blowing Up" plan need to get a merchant account? What would the merchant account provide that Cheddar Getter's payment gateway does not?

1. 1 Posted by sumeet on 30 Sep, 2011 02:08 AM

Also, this text is from one of your KB articles regarding merchant accounts:

"Don't worry. CheddarGetter is in the process of integrating PayPal. This should be complete in March and will be a great solution for businesses with small volumes."

Is that up to date, or has that integration with PayPal already completed?

2. 2 Posted by cheddargetter on 30 Sep, 2011 06:51 AM

What I don't understand is that CD claims to have their own gateway, but when applying for the merchant account, you still need to get a gateway somewhere else (payvision) in my case

3. 3 Posted by adam on 30 Sep, 2011 01:01 PM

1. The Blowing Up plan includes a gateway. Total cost to you for using CheddarGetter is $79/month plus $0.20 per transaction.

2. To process credit cards in any situation, online or off, companies need to have a merchant account. CheddarGetter is not a merchant account, we are a recurring billing system. I know this part can be confusing, as it took me several days of research when I first joined CheddarGetter.

3. Paypal is live. Thanks for pointing out the date in that article, I will update it now.

If you Google "difference between gateway and merchant account" there are a number of helpful links.

Here is a surprisingly decent explanation from Yahoo Answers:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070611071336AACx9s8

Another more detailed explanation from OnStartups:
    http://answers.onstartups.com/questions/10920/what-is-the-differenc...

4. 4 Posted by cheddargetter on 30 Sep, 2011 02:00 PM

Ok, cool! Thank you for that explanation!
    Any other possibilities for me as far as merchant accounts go, other than payvision for Belgium?

5. 5 Posted by adam on 30 Sep, 2011 02:14 PM

Not that i'm aware of, but it may be worthwhile to ask around locally.
    On Sep 30, 2011 10:01 AM, "Davy" <
    [email blocked]> wrote:

6. 6 Posted by cheddargetter on 30 Sep, 2011 02:49 PM

yeah we have Atos, but is it compatible with CG?

7. 7 Posted by sumeet on 30 Sep, 2011 03:16 PM

Let's say that I don't want a merchant account - or I don't get approved for one. What kind of end-user experience will CG's PayPal integration offer? Would my customer have to leave my site to pay by credit card?

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Marc Guyer on 03 Oct, 2011 02:06 PM

Yes, the customer must leave your site by redirect to PayPal for standard PP payments. They then login to their PP account, accept a "preapproval" and then they are redirected back to your site.

9. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 09:44 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM