Possible to upgrade user's plan but keep them at previous plan's price?

Darrin Demchuk

28 Sep, 2011 11:52 PM

I have a user who is subscribed at our mid-tier price but I want to upgrade him to the higher tier while charging him the mid-tier price...is this possible only through the CG interface or do I need to account for it on my own system? I currently query your API upon each user login to confirm the user's account status, including plan type, so I'm not sure of how to handle this without the user's account auto-changing on each login.

Thanks in advance.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 29 Sep, 2011 02:53 PM

HI Darrin -- I suggest issuing a recurring discount for this user. In other words, transfer them to the new plan and issue a discount in the amount you desire. You can create a recurring discount with a tracked item. More info here: http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/pricing-plans/pricing-plan-basi...

2. 2 Posted by Darrin Demchuk on 18 Oct, 2011 01:04 AM

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm what's going on:

I have 3 plan types (Let's say they're $5, $10, $25 per month, respectively)

I have a user who I want to have the $25/month plan, but for only $10/month. Given that, do I need to create a fourth plan that has the tracked item attached to it, or can I add this tracked item and then selectively apply it to users who I want to give the discount to? The latter option would be preferred, but if it's not possible I'll take care of it.

Thanks,

Darrin

3. 3 Posted by adam on 24 Oct, 2011 03:17 PM

I would suggest adding the discount as a tracked item on the plan in question, then selectively applying one instance of that tracked item per customer that you want to receive the discount.

Thanks,
    Adam

4. adam closed this discussion on 24 Oct, 2011 03:17 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM