Paypal Payments Pro integration + currency

gjpeacock

20 Sep, 2011 12:24 AM

Hi,

I've just been approved for Paypal Website Payments pro and i'm wanting to configure it for use with CG. Is there literally just one field for me to type in my email address and that's it? There's nothing else that needs to be configured? Nothing else from the Paypal account side of things?

I also noticed that despite my billing solution being set to GBP, all the prices in my plans are listed as being in dollars. Can this be changed? I'm this could bill my customers in dollars, but i cant fin anywhere to change the currency of the account.

Many thanks,
Gavin

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 20 Sep, 2011 02:26 PM

Hi Gavin --

I've just been approved for Paypal Website Payments pro and i'm wanting to configure it for use with CG. Is there literally just one field for me to type in my email address and that's it? There's nothing else that needs to be configured? Nothing else from the Paypal account side of things?

The current PayPal support is standard payments only (PP account to PP account). For this setup, yes, the only required info is email address. However, we are very close to releasing updated support for WPP. Until recently, the PP authentication method we wished to use was unavailable. Now that it is, we're updating our PP support to use the new functionality. We hope to have the new functionality released in a week or two. When it's ready, you'll be able to accept direct credit cards via WPP as well as standard PP payments.

I also noticed that despite my billing solution being set to GBP, all the prices in my plans are listed as being in dollars. Can this be changed? I'm this could bill my customers in dollars, but i cant fin anywhere to change the currency of the account.

This is simply a display issue in the GUI that we'd like to fix but it's low on the priority list right now. Your customers don't see the USD label.

2. 2 Posted by gjpeacock on 29 Sep, 2011 12:55 PM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. Is this WPP functionality released yet?

I signed up and am paying for paypal as your features pages suggested the WPP support was already available.

Any updates/timelines would be good.

Thanks,
    Gavin

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 29 Sep, 2011 03:03 PM

Hi Gavin -- Unfortunately we don't have a firm timeline. We're dependent upon PP support since the functionality is new and not well documented. We'll get it done as soon as possible.

4. 4 Posted by Andrew Bailey on 09 Oct, 2011 12:53 AM

I would also like to know when WPP integration will be reinstated.

5. 5 Posted by Andrew Bailey on 09 Oct, 2011 12:59 AM

Out of interest, what happened to your customers who were already using WPP when you pulled the plug on it?

6. 6 Posted by gjpeacock on 12 Oct, 2011 09:52 AM

Hi Marc,

Any updates on this yet?

Thanks,
    Gavin

7. 7 Posted by adam on 12 Oct, 2011 03:00 PM

Paypal finally came through, and Website Payments Pro integration should be released by the end of this week.

8. 8 Posted by gjpeacock on 25 Oct, 2011 07:40 AM

Hi Adam. Is this integration live yet?

9. 9 Posted by adam on 25 Oct, 2011 03:14 PM

One caveat that was thrown into the machinery is being finalized, hopefully in the next couple days.

Paypal requires all of our merchants to have "reference transactions" approval:
    https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_...

The technical details on that page are taken care of by us, but Paypal requires you (the merchant) to contact them to enable these reference transactions for your account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab

Hopefully by the time Paypal gets back to you with approval for reference transactions, we will have the development completed that enables them.

Thanks,
    Adam

10. Dean closed this discussion on 18 Jan, 2013 02:56 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM