Recurring auto billing

Jason

07 Sep, 2011 12:11 AM

Hi there!

I'm enquiring as to how I go about setting up recurring auto billing for my clients here in the UK using CG? Can I use CG in the UK and can I manually enter their credit card details into the system to start their billing cycle?
I'm completely new to this and any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 07 Sep, 2011 02:52 PM

HI Jason -- There are several options for setting up direct credit card acceptance as a UK merchant. The one we normally recommend is a Payvision merchant account processing through our CheddarGateway. This is available today. However, there is another option which wil be available inside of a couple of weeks. We're currently retrofitting our PayPal Website Payments Pro and PayPal Standard support with PayPal's third-party permission functionality. Once that's complete, you will be able to accept direct credit cards via PayPal Website Payments Pro. In the meantime, you can us CG in a development capacity with any direct credit card simulator.

2. 2 Posted by jason on 07 Sep, 2011 05:24 PM

Thanks Marc, does the payvision merchant account combined with CG allow me to enter credit card details for recurring billing without a website? If so, how long would it likely take to get this set up?
    Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

3. 3 Posted by Jason on 08 Sep, 2011 11:00 PM

Hi Marc, sorry to push but I need to make a decision on whether to sign up for CG by tomorrow.. Can I use this system to manually enter my clients credit card details for recurring billing even if I don't have a website?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Marc Guyer on 09 Sep, 2011 02:37 PM

Hi Jason -- Yes, you can use CG to manually enter customers' credit card data in the admin GUI.

The Payvision process takes a minimum of 2 weeks. I've attached the Payvision pre-check form in case you want to start that process.

I also suggest inquiring with PayPal about a Website Payments Pro account. Setup for PayPal is easier but can be more expensive and inconvenient later on down the road.

5. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 09:41 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM