Bill Me Later?

david.ells

29 Aug, 2011 10:05 PM

Are there any plans in the making to support something like BillMeLater ( https://www.billmelater.com/index.xhtml ) to provide a way to offer plans without the need for a credit card?

We're looking into supporting a similar concept and we're finding we'll be rewriting a lot of logic we currently offload to Cheddar. Just thought I'd see if you all are working on anything like that before I go doing all that.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 29 Aug, 2011 10:10 PM

Hi David -- We don't have any plans to support BillMeLater. Your question is intriguing, however. Are you specifically looking at using BillMeLater? What would you like to accomplish by offering plans without requiring credit card? Maybe we can help in some other way...

2. 2 Posted by david.ells on 29 Aug, 2011 10:38 PM

Hey Marc,

Thanks for the quick reply. Our use case is to support corporate clients who insist (or strongly prefer) an alternative option to using a corporate credit card.

From what we've heard through communication with them is that, the bigger the company, the less likely the person engaged with us will be able to use a corporate credit card.

I haven't looked much into BillMeLater, but if it supports corporate accounts, it may be a viable alternative that leaves much of our system untouched.

What we're working on now is an invoice based system to fulfill that need, but like I said, it will also require us to recreate a lot of logic regarding usage tracking, keeping track of billing periods, and calculating bills and etc... Just exploring our options before committing to that work... Whatever thoughts you have are appreciated.

Thanks!

David

3. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 09:35 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM