Paypal (gateway & clients)

grosu

18 Aug, 2011 07:54 PM

Hello,
I have few questions about paypal.
I've read the "Configuring Paypal" article at (http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/getting-started-19/configuring-...) and i have a question regarding the different types of paypal accounts.
We do have a Premiere Business account with Paypal and we do have the Payments Pro active but not the Payflow Pro. The article doesn't seem to give any info on how to setup the Payments Pro as the section is empty (and through the settings there's only an email address that cheddar getter asks for) ...
Also there's a mention about the limitation of the Paypal Standard versus the other types but no details on what those limitations are.

Now for Paypal support for clients is this possible through the Hosted Payment Pages or only through the APIs as described in the "Using PayPal with the API" article at (http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/api-8/using-paypal-with-the-api)

Thank you,
--gabriel

1. 1 Posted by grosu on 18 Aug, 2011 08:01 PM

Sorry, we have a Paypal Business Account not a Premiere Account

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Marc Guyer on 22 Aug, 2011 02:21 PM

Hi Gabriel -- You can use your PayPal Business account to accept standard PayPal payments. Your Payments Pro account can be used to accept direct credit card payments. We have a Payments Pro integration but have taken it down in order to retrofit PayPal's new third party permissions system. With the new functionality, we will be able to unify the Standard PayPal payments acceptance with the direct credit card acceptance. In the meantime, you can use the PayFlow Pro simulator to while you are developing and testing your solution.

3. 3 Posted by grosu on 01 Sep, 2011 12:54 AM

Thank you Marc.
    I have set up the Paypal in the Configuration->Billing Solution (basically just entering our email address and currency) but now when customers sign up there only a paypal option and no more direct credit card info - there used to be billing info (credit card info) required before setting up the billing solution as paypal. Does that mean that when we have paypal as a gateway customers can only pay through paypal and not direct credit card?

Thank you,
    --gabe

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Marc Guyer on 01 Sep, 2011 03:07 PM

You probably had a direct credit card simulator enabled during development. This is the default. The standard PayPal solution doesn't support direct credit card per PayPal's rules. I see that you have also sent a request for a merchant account. Since you anticipate less than $3000 in revenue monthly, our standard procedure is to recommend PayPal standard only, until you experience higher revenue. However, our acquiring partner is still willing to discuss the direct credit card option. I will pick this up in the other thread.

5. 5 Posted by grosu on 01 Sep, 2011 04:42 PM

Hi Marc,
    Sorry to bug you again Marc, I've scheduled a meeting for early next week with Dustin from Gravity Payments but I would really like to understand our options before talking to him. Per your message you're saying that it is recommended PayPal standard only, does that mean that there will be no credit card support for the 'Hosted payment pages' implementation.

Basically, our requirements are simple:
    - accept both Credit Card and PayPal type of customers
    - bill recurrently
    - use 'Hosted payment pages' solution (and implementing the callbacks for the event push on our backend as per 'Event Push Notification' article)

Question now is, do we need a merchant account and gateway set up or we could keep only the PayPal setting in the 'Billing Solution' (our revenue will be real low in the first few months).

Really appreciate your help Marc,
    --gabe

6. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 13 Mar, 2012 01:44 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM