Email Bill Reminder to Only customers with no payment method

christina frankola

10 Dec, 2013 08:04 AM

I invoice some of my clients.
How can I email ONLY the clients that don't have a payment method each end of month?
The clients on auto bill get their Payment receipt or payment decline email so they are automatically handled.
What about the ones w/o payment method?

1. 1 Posted by Jess Pendley on 10 Dec, 2013 02:23 PM

Hi Christina --

You could modify the Bill Reminder template. You would want to change the wording, but it will notify the customer if they don't have a payment method on file.

2. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 10 Dec, 2013 02:23 PM.

3. christina frankola re-opened this discussion on 10 Dec, 2013 04:58 PM

4. 2 Posted by christina frank... on 10 Dec, 2013 04:58 PM

Ok, got it.
    What’s challenging now is that in testing, the “Canceled Due to Non-Payment” email went out to an account with no payment method same day.

If I disable the email “Canceled Due to Non-Payment” then I am forced to have to manually send out the “Canceled Due to custom reason” email when needed?

I would like to use the “Canceled Due to Non-Payment” for all accounts at the 30 day mark – I don’t see that in the GUI interface.

5. 3 Posted by christina frank... on 10 Dec, 2013 08:38 PM

1.Re: Clients with No Payment Method: I incur monthly charges for these clients for which I invoice. I want to create 1 time invoices for them, separate from their recurring invoice but I can’t get it to save the “one time invoice” and then email the invoice.

2. What happens when I create a one-time invoice for a client with cc info and the charge declines? Will the 1 time invoice SAVE and the client be emailed about the failed charge?

3. I would like to run reports on the Tracked Items but that is not obvious in the interface – please advise.

4. I have clients who mail me a check based on the invoice I send them, which I will send through C/g. How can I record their payment?

5. Can we have multiple hosted pages? 1 for current customers, 1 for our website? We are revamping our website, and I’d like us to use Cheddar to capture billing info at point of purchase.

Thanks!

6. 4 Posted by Jess Pendley on 11 Dec, 2013 04:05 PM

Hi Christina --

What happens when I create a one-time invoice for a client with cc info and the charge declines? Will the 1 time invoice SAVE and the client be emailed about the failed charge?

That invoice won't save, but you'll be alerted when the transaction fails as well as when/if the customer updates their payment info, so you'll be able to send another one time invoice.

I would like to run reports on the Tracked Items but that is not obvious in the interface – please advise.

There's no way to "report" on your tracked items via the GUI, but if you'd like to see which items have been charged in the past you can do that via the API.

I have clients who mail me a check based on the invoice I send them, which I will send through C/g. How can I record their payment?

There's no way to do this at the moment. CheddarGetter is not currently equipped to except payment by check, although it is on our eventual development roadmap.

Can we have multiple hosted pages? 1 for current customers, 1 for our website? We are revamping our website, and I’d like us to use Cheddar to capture billing info at point of purchase.

Would you mind elaborating on this? You can integrate our API into your new website and you can use the hosted page for new and existing customers, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Thanks!

7. 5 Posted by christina frank... on 11 Dec, 2013 05:29 PM

Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:05 AM
    To: Christina Frankola
    Subject: Re: Email Bill Reminder to Only customers with no payment method [Questions #8569]

What happens when I create a one-time invoice for a client with cc info and the charge declines? Will the 1 time invoice SAVE and the client be emailed about the failed charge?

That invoice won't save, but you'll be alerted when the transaction fails as well as when/if the customer updates their payment info, so you'll be able to send another one time invoice.
    If the one-time invoice fails, what message is sent to the client?
    Many times the one-time invoice will be a lengthy set of line items; it will be time consuming & time wasting to have to repeat the data entry. What workaround can you suggest?

8. 6 Posted by Jess Pendley on 12 Dec, 2013 02:38 PM

Hi Christina --

When the payment fails, the "Payment Declined" email would then generate.

As for a workaround, I would suggest creating a reusable template that you can utilize via your own software and using CG as the notification system for when you need to manually take care of these events.

9. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 12 Dec, 2013 02:38 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM