South Africa

Danny

08 Aug, 2011 09:36 PM

Hi

I'm pretty new to the whole payment processing game, so excuse my ignorance if it shows up in places!
I've just heard about you guys and I'm developing a website that requires credit card processing (Visa/Mastercard/AMEX) connected to a South African merchant account. Do you guys have an actual payment gateway that connects to the merchant account, or do you go via another provider?

Will I be able to make requests/receive responses from my application without having my users be redirected to the CG site...? If they do have to be redirected, are the landing pages skinnable and do they require the user to sign up with you guys as well?

Prompt response would be very much appreciated!
Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Danny on 08 Aug, 2011 09:39 PM

By the way, this API looks super slick!

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Marc Guyer on 09 Aug, 2011 03:41 PM

Hi Danny -- The solution for merchants in South Africa is the DPS/PaymentExpress gateway. Here's a link to the PaymentExpress connectivity page for South Africa:

http://www.paymentexpress.com/about/connectivity/south_africa.html

You can contact one of those banks directly to inquire about merchant service. For the gateway I can have Patrick, our direct contact, get in touch with you directly at your request. If so, I'll have him send you an email.

When inquiring about merchant service, it's important to note that the CVV (3-4 digit code on the card) is incompatible with recurring billing. CheddarGetter uses the PaymentExpress token billing API so PaymentExpress stores your customer's credit card details and "resends" them for future recurring transactions. Since the CVV cannot be stored per the PCI DSS, the CVV cannot be sent.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

3. 3 Posted by Danny on 09 Aug, 2011 03:48 PM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: South Africa

Thanks Marc

I have quite a few more questions - is there a number I could call on? I've tried the support number but I can't speak to any humans! :)

Thanks

4. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 09 Aug, 2011 05:11 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM