French gateways

Benjamin

05 Aug, 2011 02:48 PM

Greetings,

We are a french startup specialized in developing innovative technology for pets. Our main product features a subscription plan and we have been looking out for solutions that could help us industrialize our billing process.

Your solution seems very promising but there doesn't seem to be any kind of gateways for the european market. We've been in contact with our bank and it seems that many french (perhaps other countries?) banks are offering their own solution that genuinely lack all of the back-office management that you're offering.

Is there a particular reason why you aren't localized in french? How could we use your solution even though no suitable payment gateways seems to exist for our bank? How could we integrate our bank's payment gateway with your system?

My questions might be a bit fuzzy, but we're still trying to figure out why nobody in France is offering a service like yours? Are there particular regulations that we're not aware of? Would using your service abroad impact our transactions in any kind? Your service looks great but needs to be in french, thus our first "local" research.

Thank you for your time!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 05 Aug, 2011 02:57 PM

Hi Benjamin!

We do have a solution for the European market! Our CheddarGateway works with many different backend processing solutions but we highly recommend our partner, Payvision, for merchant service in Europe. With the completed attached form, we can determine if you can be "pre-approved" for merchant service with Payvision.

If your business doesn't have a history of credit card acceptance, the history section of the form should be left blank. However, for other questions like "monthly volume", please indicate an estimate based on your projections at approximately 6 months post-launch.

2. 2 Posted by Benjamin Grelié on 08 Aug, 2011 11:36 AM

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your reply. We'll check out what Payvision offers!

Regards,

Le 5 août 2011 à 16:56, Marc Guyer a écrit :

>

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 08 Aug, 2011 05:11 PM

Oops, it looks like I didn't attach the form on my last comment. Here it is...

4. 4 Posted by Hernandez Nicol... on 21 Dec, 2011 02:38 PM

Hello Benjamin,

I'm french too, same problems. Did you find any solution ? Would you have a few minutes for us to discuss this over the phone ? Don't hesitate to email me [email blocked]...

Best,

Nicolas

5. 5 Posted by Hernandez Nicol... on 21 Dec, 2011 02:39 PM

Or to contact me on Twitter : @nicoconut

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Marc Guyer on 21 Dec, 2011 02:48 PM

Hi Guys. Payvision is still an option and is compatible with CheddarGateway (the gateway included with CheddarGetter). Another option we recently introduced is Ogone which supports many European merchant accounts.

7. 7 Posted by Hernandez Nicol... on 21 Dec, 2011 02:52 PM

Hi Marc,

Thx. I would like to go with CheddarGateway : is it compatible with my BNPPARIBAS merchant account ?

Nico

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Marc Guyer on 21 Dec, 2011 02:57 PM

Sorry, no. BNPPARIBAS is not compatible with CheddarGateway.

9. Dean closed this discussion on 18 Jan, 2013 03:56 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM