Email Template Not Producing What I wrote

christina frankola

02 Dec, 2013 04:51 PM

This comment was split from the discussion: Sorting customer list by company

I’m beginning to get emails back from clients confused on the email invoice they are getting via C/G because it’s missing the paragraph about it being a new invoice from BSSI.
Why isn’t my text in the payment receipt emails?

1. 1 Posted by Jess Pendley on 02 Dec, 2013 05:02 PM

Hi --

It looks like the issue is that the HTML version of your email template hasn't been altered, just the text version. If you go into your email configuration, you'll see that next to the "Text Version" tab there's is another tab that reads "HTML Version". After you've changed it to reflect your needs your customers will see the update version on all subsequent emails. You will need to edit on each individual template where necessary.

2. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 02 Dec, 2013 05:02 PM.

3. christina frankola re-opened this discussion on 02 Dec, 2013 06:34 PM

4. 2 Posted by christina frank... on 02 Dec, 2013 06:34 PM

Thanks Jess, I think I got it now. I wasn’t clear that I had to change both text & HTML – in ALL my online app experience, I usually choose either text or html to edit and that suffices for both. I really thought that the options were about user preference.

Here’s something odd though – in the Pmt Method Expiring template, the footer I created under General Settings is slightly off from Text to HTML version when I preview.

Under Text, BSSI thanks you for your business.
    Under HTML: Thank you for your business.

5. 3 Posted by christina frank... on 02 Dec, 2013 06:41 PM

Can you tell me how I would use the email template for Canceled Custom reason?
    Can I send that email ad hoc, as I need manually? If so, where would I initiate?

6. 4 Posted by Jess Pendley on 02 Dec, 2013 07:08 PM

HI Christina --

Here’s something odd though – in the Pmt Method Expiring template, the footer I created under General Settings is slightly off from Text to HTML version when I preview.

Under Text, BSSI thanks you for your business. Under HTML: Thank you for your business.

You'll also need to alter the HTML tab for both your header and footer in your email settings.

Can you tell me how I would use the email template for Canceled Custom reason? Can I send that email ad hoc, as I need manually? If so, where would I initiate?

The "Canceled Custom Reason" template - when activated - will fire off when you manually cancel a customer. So ideally you would tailor the template to reflect whatever reason you'd need to manually cancel a customer.

7. Jess Pendley closed this discussion on 02 Dec, 2013 07:08 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM