Suggested Design Solution

chris.m

13 Jul, 2011 01:05 PM

Hi All,
Scenario:
A web app that allows owners to create 1-many "sites" (In our DB as a row). Each "site" must have a subscription (with credit card).
Default is "free" (faked free is fine - need credit card). If owner wants to "publish" this "site" - owner must pay subscription. Several subscriptions available - depending on monthly/yearly & number of "features".

What is best suggested approach?
Seems like I need to track 1 site to 1 subscription.
1 customer to many subscriptions
Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 14 Jul, 2011 03:50 PM

Hi Chris -- CG doesn't support multiple subscriptions on a single customer in that way. The tracked item system can be used for that purpose. Are you familiar with the tracked items?

http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/pricing-plans/pricing-plan-basics

2. 2 Posted by chris.m on 14 Jul, 2011 04:34 PM

Hi Marc,
    I'm getting to understand this now.
    I have created a 'free' subscription ($0 monthly with fake tracked $5 item).
    I have signed for PayPal.
    I was hoping to have the following:
    1-Some sort of subscriptionID from CG (Instead I only get PP PreApproved PaymentPlan ID)- correct?
    2-The SignUp Page does not show "$0" anywhere - just blank (in CG & PP). I can see clients getting very confused & dropping this. Anyway to get $0 to show?
    3-Im doing all this because I'm hoping to push a "Subscription Upgrade". An I correct in thinking that an upgrade is infact just an entirely new PreAppoved PaymentPlan. Correct?
    Thanks
    Chris M

http://screencast.com/t/G6W7CWz4

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 18 Jul, 2011 02:08 PM

1-Some sort of subscriptionID from CG (Instead I only get PP PreApproved PaymentPlan ID)- correct?

A single customer only has one active subscription at any one time (the current one).

2-The SignUp Page does not show "$0" anywhere - just blank (in CG & PP). I can see clients getting very confused & dropping this. Anyway to get $0 to show?

Currently there is no configuration for how the plan information is displayed with the hosted pages. However, this is on our todo list.

3-Im doing all this because I'm hoping to push a "Subscription Upgrade". An I correct in thinking that an upgrade is infact just an entirely new PreAppoved PaymentPlan. Correct?

A subscription to a payment plan in CG is loosely linked to a PayPal preapproval. If there already is an approved preapproval, you could change the pricing plan without going through another PayPal preapproval workflow. Since the customer does not have a preapproval upon signup (free trial without payment info), then upon "upgrade" (presumably to a paid plan), then, yes, there would be a preapproval for that subscription.

4. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 09:25 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM