Re-occuring Notifications

Michael Penna

11 Jul, 2011 08:01 PM

1) Does this product have a feature that allows for a customer to be automatically notified if thier billing info on file has recently expired and to please update?

2) I am also interested in more info about the gateway that comes with the "Blowing Up" package. Does that mean I wouldn't have to open my own seperate merchant account?

3) I plan on integrating billing through a web service that is a backbone to an Iphone/Android App? Do you have any clients who use your service in this manner for in-app billing?

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 11 Jul, 2011 08:07 PM

Does this product have a feature that allows for a customer to be automatically notified if thier billing info on file has recently expired and to please update?

Yes, among other email notification types.

I am also interested in more info about the gateway that comes with the "Blowing Up" package. Does that mean I wouldn't have to open my own seperate merchant account?

A merchant account is still required. We can help you with that.

I plan on integrating billing through a web service that is a backbone to an Iphone/Android App? Do you have any clients who use your service in this manner for in-app billing?

I'm not aware of anyone doing in-app billing but I'm certain it's technologically possible. Off the top of my head, we had a customer "Capigami" who is behind an Android app, "Out Of Milk App". They were billing on a subscription basis but decided to move to a one-time billing model.

I'd be happy to discuss in-app billing further if you'd like. Just suggest a day and time...

2. 2 Posted by michael penna on 11 Jul, 2011 09:05 PM

Hi Mark,

--I know you can't give me a direct quote because its probably a 3rd party, but in your experience,  what is the average cost break down of the merchant account, is it a transaction fee?

--I am interested, but as you know, google and apple have thier own in-app billing solutions for mobile apps.  I would like to try to avoid entering an agreement with them if I can find a cheaper alternative.  Howerver, I am not sure if Google and Apple make thier solutions mandatory for developers.  Please let me know if you have any information on that subject because I am only interested in going this route if I am not legally obligated to use the google service. 

--If I sign up, how long does the agreement last for and will I be able to terminate at any time

--How far back do you keep financial data for?  7 years? 

--Can I sign up for free to integrate with your service?  And will I have a dummy account that I can test with (possibly using my own debit card).  I may need to test for a couple of months before I can verify that the integration is working.

If possible we can keep the simple questions via email.

Thanks Again.

> From: [email blocked]
    > To: [email blocked]
    > Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:07:36 -0400
    > Subject: Re: Re-occuring Notifications [Questions]
    >
    >
    > // Add your reply above here
    > ==================================================
    > From: Marc Guyer
    > Subject: Re-occuring Notifications
    >
    > > Does this product have a feature that allows for a customer to be automatically notified if thier billing info on file has recently expired and to please update?
    >
    > Yes, among other email notification types.
    >
    > > I am also interested in more info about the gateway that comes with the "Blowing Up" package. Does that mean I wouldn't have to open my own seperate merchant account?
    >
    > A merchant account is still required. We can help you with that.
    >
    > > I plan on integrating billing through a web service that is a backbone to an Iphone/Android App? Do you have any clients who use your service in this manner for in-app billing?
    >
    > I'm not aware of anyone doing in-app billing but I'm certain it's technologically possible. Off the top of my head, we had a customer "Capigami" who is behind an Android app, "Out Of Milk App". They were billing on a subscription basis but decided to move to a one-time billing model.
    >
    > I'd be happy to discuss in-app billing further if you'd like. Just suggest a day and time...
    >
    > View this Discussion online: http://support.cheddargetter.com/discussions/questions/798-re-occur...
    > --
    >
    > Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.
    >
    >

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Marc Guyer on 12 Jul, 2011 02:07 PM

I know you can't give me a direct quote because its probably a 3rd party, but in your experience, what is the average cost break down of the merchant account, is it a transaction fee?

There is a small transaction fee and credit card interchange. As a rule of thumb, you can expect to pay in the neighborhood of $0.30 on a $10 transaction, for example. Fill out the form at https://cheddargetter.com/admin/gateway/new and someone from Gravity Payments will contact you about a merchant account. They can give you much more detailed information about the costs involved in accepting credit cards. They can even tailor a pricing model to your business model.

Please let me know if you have any information on that subject because I am only interested in going this route if I am not legally obligated to use the google service.

We're not experts on that, unfortunately, but it is my understanding that if the app is supplemental to a web app, you're not required to use the native billing service. I'd suggest doing some more research on the subject.

If I sign up, how long does the agreement last for and will I be able to terminate at any time.

Pay as you go. Terminate anytime.

How far back do you keep financial data for? 7 years?

Haven't gotten there yet but yes, probably 7 years.

Can I sign up for free to integrate with your service?

Certainly.

And will I have a dummy account that I can test with (possibly using my own debit card). I may need to test for a couple of months before I can verify that the integration is working.

You may have as many (free) developer product accounts as you wish.

4. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 09:22 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM