Can I use tracked Item to block acces of some functionnalities on my website ?

mlepers

05 Jul, 2011 11:58 PM

Hi,

I'm currently trying CG to see if we can use it with our website but I don't really get how I can use tracked items or pricing plans to achieve our goals. I couldn't find anything on this forum that really respond to my questions.

Basically, when you access our website, you can get a free account and use it as you want except for a few specific functionalities you can't access if you didn't pay the related monthly charge. For example, you want to subscribe to a service which give a more detailed report for 10$ a month or whatever.

Let say our website has three functionalities : A, B and C.
Should I create e pricing plan for each combination possible of these options (a plan only for A, one only for B, one for AB an other one for AC, etc.) or can I create one pricing plan, which cost nothing, add my three functionalities as tracked items and charge for one or all of them depending on what my user subscribed to on my website?

Or if there is other workaround...

Thank you for your help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 06 Jul, 2011 02:13 PM

You can do it in any of the ways you listed. However, I suggest the single pricing plan option. Your "functionalities" sound like great candidates for the "feature toggle" technique explained here: http://support.cheddargetter.com/kb/pricing-plans/pricing-plan-basics. You'll probably be most interested in the Tracked Items section example (2).

The advantage of using tracked items is that you could create different pricing plans in the future that understand those items. You could configure a new plan to include two of the features, for example and charge a discounted amount for the "bundled" feature set.

2. 2 Posted by mlepers on 06 Jul, 2011 05:15 PM

Hi Marc,

So from what I understood I should configure a free pricing plan with several tracked items. Those tracked items should be configured with a quantity equal to 0, with an amount and "Is Periodic" should be checked if I want my user to pay for this feature on a monthly base. right ?

There is one last thing I'm not sure to fully understand.
    I tried to go through the subscription process using the hosted payment pages but I couldn't find anywhere an option to choose which "functionality" I want to use. Is this supposed to be hard coded on our website using some API calls or is it possible to integrate that directly in the hosted payment pages?

3. 3 Posted by mlepers on 13 Jul, 2011 10:26 PM

any help ?

4. Dean closed this discussion on 16 Jan, 2013 09:25 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM