customers with no credit card or paypal

Joel Selanikio

05 Jul, 2011 08:27 PM

Hi. I run an international organization that deals with many large organizations. Those organizations often prefer to receive invoices and pay by check or wire transfer, rather than by credit card (and definitely not by Paypal). With CG, is there any way I can manually update the system when I receive, for example, a check from a customer?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Marc Guyer on 05 Jul, 2011 08:31 PM

Not currently. CG was designed to reduce the billing support burden. Accepting other methods of payment increases the burden, especially manual payments.

That said, we do intend to natively support a feature to accomodate payments which occur outside of CG. In the meantime, several customers have implemented a workaround. Mostly, merchants are using a special "free" plan in CG to subscribe a manual payment customer then handle invoicing payment separately.

2. 2 Posted by Joel Selanikio on 05 Jul, 2011 09:25 PM

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, this is a dealbreaker for us: we can't "reduce the billing support burden" by eliminating a big customer base for us. Hope you'll add something soon, though I realize it's probably not a priority for most US-based CG users.

Best,

Joel

--
    "Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none." -- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790), founding father of the United States, leading printer, satirist, political theorist, scientist, inventor, and diplomat.

3. Marc Guyer closed this discussion on 06 Jul, 2011 01:55 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cheddar please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM
24 Jan, 2024 08:33 AM
11 Jan, 2024 07:13 AM